Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Dunstable locals here?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

It looks like I will be moving to Dunstable shortly, very close to Blows Downs. Is there any good local riding to be had? Local as in pedalling distance? Thanks in advance.

kimbers

Grew up there so know it well, good luck !

As for riding the downs are OK you can link to longer stuff towards ivinghoe And ashridge etc but definitely xc the chalky soil can range from super claggy or slidey in the wet to rock hard in the dry

Certainly some good stuff over at Aston chicksands or woburn

I’m not sure what access is like these days but the old quarry toward Houghton Regis is a great play area too

jameso

Depends how far you’re happy to pedal, there’s loads of XC stuff from the downs above the gliding club, across to Ashridge and out to Tring and Wendover, further takes you towards Stokenchurch. It all links up . You’ll get bored on a 150mm bike looking for thrills outside of Aston Hill but for summer singletracks it’s a good area.
    You can ride to Woburn mainly off-road from there too, just pick up the towpath to Leighton Buzzard then use Stockgrove/Rushmere to link it up.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’m a regular at Aston etc, but I’m looking more along the lines of fun singlespeed training rides, although some fun jumpy stuff would be nice too!

jameso

along the lines of fun singlespeed training

Loads of that. PM me sometime if you need some pointers for the useful link-ups, trails etc.

hatter

As said before, the local riding isn’t the most interesting and the chalky clag is horrendous in winter. Ashridge Wendover etc all offer decent XC in the dry though.

There is plenty of nice lanes-based road riding around there go see the guys in Pedal Works, they should be able to give you a few nice loops.

Just avoid Luton, generally,

honourablegeorge

Loads of them. Half the people on this forum are u…er….Oh, right. Didn’t see the “D”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Dunstable locals here?’ is closed to new replies.