Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any dreamweaver/flash experts in the house?
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

I am trying to do up the new company website, finding me feet with dreamweaver CS4, haven’t used it for years, flash wasn’t even around when I last did a bit of web design :O

Anyway im stuck at the first hurdle, we had a fancy flash design done for us, it’s simple 4 images that flick through on a loop.

All ive done is set up a new page index.html, inserted the flash swf object and it comes up with the below… (screenshot)

Any obvious c*ck ups you can spot straight away?

All the flash files are in the root directory?

When I play/view live within dreamweaver it just shows an animated multi coloured circle? (same thing when I view in browser)

Anyway ideas?

ta!

phil.w
    Free Member

have you solved this yet?

if not i could take a look if you send me the flash files. (i’ve got a boring day of video rendering).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would dump anything to do with Flash straight away – dinosaur technology and not fully supported.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

I would dump anything to do with Flash straight away – dinosaur technology and not fully supported

it’s only on the homepage so not that bothered, 995 of people will see it 🙂

phil.w i havent solved it yet, do you have an email?

cheers

monkey_boy
    Free Member

phil just sent you the files! saw your email in your profile

cheers

miketually
    Free Member

I would dump anything to do with Flash straight away – dinosaur technology and not fully supported

Only people with iPhones or iPads. Unless it’s a website selling Moleskine notebooks or skinny jeans you should be fine using Flash.

😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough – just giving my opinion.

We try to use JQuery now for simply animations.

M6TTF
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    I would dump anything to do with Flash straight away – dinosaur technology and not fully supported.

whilst I agree that jquery is a better way for general sites, there’s just somethings that need the free reign that flash gives you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any dreamweaver/flash experts in the house?’ is closed to new replies.