Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any Dr or pharmist in the house??….
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

“I have this friend”…..!!
    Many moons used to have a drug prob….
    Fast forward to now…..every day he has to go to the chemist to get his daily medication ….but he insists its for depression…..
    Is there a any other medication you have to go daily to chemist other than methadone??….
    I would like to belive he is clean ….but the lies over the years ….you can’t work out heads from tails
    Any help on this guys??
    Thanks

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I would like to belive he is clean

Why does that matter? Sounds like he’s trying to be. Go on; be a mate; give him a hand, as tough as it might be.

Drac

It’s possible due to his history they are giving him a controlled dose of antidepressants, rather than give him a months supply risking him abusing them.

And what David says.

totalshell

even if he is getting methadone he’s clean. he’s trying and making an effort its a commitment to go everyday when he could much more easily score on the street.

julianwilson
    Free Member

As above. Could be, could be otherwise.
    As a community mental health nurse for adults I knew quite a few people whose history of impulsive overdoses or overuse of sedatives meant that it was sensible to pick up each day’s at the pharmacy. None of the people i had in mind took methadone or even had a significant history of illicit drug use, this was about low mood (or rather disregulated ie not low all the time but very fragile/brittle) and risk of overdose. I work with children nowadays who have parents for that sort of thing, but AFAIK this arrangment is still the case for loads of people round our way with no methadone involved.

Whether its that or indeed opiates/methadone, some stability, realistic/consistent/reliable friends and family, and a secure base of sorts will be very helpful to him. You could be a part of that OP.

Drac

Well put Julian.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Many thanks for the replies….I’ve decided to give him a 2nd chance… 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any Dr or pharmist in the house??….’ is closed to new replies.