Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any double glazing experts?
  • simon67
    Free Member

After breaking a unit in my conservatory have been quoted £340 supply & fit a new one. Size is 1690 X 870 with a slope on the top edge to follow the roof profile. Needs to be toughened.

Does this sound reasonable ?

Cheers

Simon

carlos
    Free Member

well it doesn’t sound cheap, I’d be having a shop around

highclimber
    Free Member

is that just for the glass? we had a whole window and casement fitted for only slightly more than that!

Edit: and it was toughened glass as per building regs.

slackman99
    Free Member

Sound tres expensive.

Commercial price would be approx £55/sqm +20% for the raked head for supply. However, as a 1 off domestic fitted, I think if you shop around, you should be able to save a fair whack on the £340.

Plenty of glaziers about. Any particular reason for toughened over laminated?

tony24
    Free Member

I am a double glazer and that price is well over the top imo. A curved unit would be less than that…
    Where abouts are you located?

RustyMac

Seems quite a bit. I got 8 double glazed units replaced for £750 all different shapes and sizes. All these were replaced in a first floor flat for that. Get some more quotes, I found my local glaziers were way better value than the big boys.

simon67
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys – looks like my shock was well founded!

I am a double glazer and that price is well over the top imo. A curved unit would be less than that…
    Where abouts are you located?

Hi Tony – I’m in Kent, West Malling – see you are in Kent too. Can you help with a quote?

Cheers

Simon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any double glazing experts?’ is closed to new replies.