Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any docs in? Surgery content, rectocele.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So the wife’s got an op tomorrow. A pretty unpleasant rectocele by the sounds of it. Her surgeon/consultant has been a pompous dismissive tit since she first went offering no real explanations of procedure etc. For that reason I went along to the pre op on Monday with a short list of questions. What a complete waste of time as it was a junior doctor who didn’t even know what op the wife was having and subsequently when we told her to look at the top of the page she could shed no light on the procedure. Leaving us with “discuss it with the anaesthetist/surgeon on the day.”
    The wife is now in a state of panic as to when she’ll be up and about and with Christmas approaching when she’ll be back earning at work.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

scaredypants
    RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I know that surgeons/consultants are generally brilliant gifted people but is there any need for their off hand behaviour? I think that the belief that many of them are sociopathic is well founded and narcissism seems to be obligatory. I hope it all goes well for your wife.

j3ffo
    Free Member

I’m a consultant anaesthetist. Happy to try answer any questions you have. Probs best by email and I obviously wont be able to discuss specifics but can answer any general questions regarding anaesthesia if that helps…BW, Jeff

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks j3ffo. Ygm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any docs in? Surgery content, rectocele.’ is closed to new replies.