Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any disc brake bargains out there?
  • breadcrumb

Anyone spotted any good deals out there? Have the days of cheap Deores gone?

joebristol

Check eBay if I were you. I got a pair of Deore disc brakes with rotors / adapters / spare olives / extra mineral oil for £30 a month or two ago. Think they were new / old stock – definitely not the current model. But they seem pretty good brakes so far – but they’re just on my commute / play hardtail so they haven’t been used in anger really.

breadcrumb

Had a look on eBay, will keep checking.

Noticed the Clark M2s, might be worth a punt, only for the SS/2nd bike.

daviek

Have a look at senditcycles, secondhand stuff but the couple of things I’ve bought from them have been fine.

joebristol

I was about to pay £40 for the Clarks Disc brakes when I did a last minute search on eBay.

The Clarks get ok reviews from what I found – as long as you can find a bleed kit ok for them. Think they use Shimano pads so no issues there. For what you suggest I’d think they’d be fine and they’re a proper bargain.

surfingobo
    Free Member

I use the Clarks m2 at the moment until I can afford an upgrade. Been using a few months now and they are fine. Not had to bleed them even though I shortened the rear hose and the pads are regular shimano square type with the central split pin eyelet. Upgraded front rotor to 180 and they now have much better modulation up front and a little more power.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any disc brake bargains out there?’ is closed to new replies.