Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any digital experts on here this morning?
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Have taken a load of photos with my new camera only to find out I’ve done it in RAW mode. Can’t get them onto my laptop now as not got the right software. I don’t suppose anyone could point me in the right direction where I can download some decent software, please?

Cheers.

Alphabet

I would have thought your camera would have come with software to allow you to view and convert RAW to other formats?

Alphabet

p.s. Or do you mean you’re having trouble copying them from the memory card (or directly off the camera) to the laptop?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Can’t get them off the memory card onto the netbook! Bloody frustrating the hell out of me!

phiiiiil

Google Picasa will import RAW files and save them as jpegs. (It’s also brilliant for loads of other stuff, too…)

Cougar

You will likely need the RAW codec for your particular camera. Have a look on the manufacturer’s website.

Can’t get them off the memory card onto the netbook!

They’re files, you should just be able to copy them whether they’re RAW, JPG or Klingon Stone Tablet Etchings. What are you doing to, as it were, “get them off”? Are you using some specific software?

Riksbar

What sort of camera? The makers website should have a RAW converter you can download.

richmars

Laptop or netbook?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Panasonic Lumix G2

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Netbook.

Cougar
    chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers mate 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any digital experts on here this morning?’ is closed to new replies.