Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Dialled Morning Glory owners out there?
  • Swayndo
    Free Member

I've had a PA for a while and of all the steel frames I've ridden (and I've ridden a lot) it suits me the best for woodsy XC. All this Ti talk on the forum has got me thinking tho.

Can any owners out there give me their opinion on how the MG compares to the PA? I know it'll probably be a couple of lbs lighter, but is this really noticeable?

What about how it takes the edge off the trail? I reckon the PA is ace at that and a pal with a Kobe says it's quite harsh, so what about the MG?

How about refinishing the Ti, anyone polished theirs up?

Of course if you have a medium going spare …

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i once bought a 19.5" secondhand one through the classifieds, lovely condition, built it up really nice but can't say i liked the geometry that much and boy was it harsh…. plain-gauge tubes i think

long gone now… but ride with two people who have and regularly use their kobe ti and MG and they love 'em…

big tyres and an appropriate seatpost recommended

snaps
    Free Member

I built mine up with a Rohloff & Maverick SC32 forks – I really like the way it rides but need to thin the fleet down & seeing as I ride full sus mostly now I'm going to sell the MG – email in profile if you're interested.

Russell96

Yep love my MG, sorta halfway between steel and alu is the best way to describe it, dunno about it taking the edge off the trail as I've built it up with big forks & tyres as it's better suited for the rougher stuff. It's not a bounce skip along the trail type of Ti bike like some of the others.

duntstick
    Free Member

Kobe Ti harsh?……………..Not to me, but I'm a fairly plain guage 14 stoner,so maybe whittling some bits to the thickness of a coke can would be lost on me.

Swayndo
    Free Member

snaps YGM. duntstick … Bri72 easy beats you in wecht 😆 and says it's harsher than his PA.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Just in case … sometime in the future … someone that has a medium MG for sale does a search on here … feel free to give me a shout. I'll probably still be looking.

allthepies
    Free Member

I've got a large, been out on it tonight as it happens 🙂

Swayndo
    Free Member

Very good allthepies … unfortunately I'm only 6' or I may have bagged a large one too.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

You will find it much harsher than a Prince Albert, Even tho it's ti, it's a really, really beefed up build so you wont get too much of that ti 'taking the edge off' feel to it.

allthepies
    Free Member

>unfortunately I'm only 6'

Ditto 🙂

Swayndo
    Free Member

Cheers MTB-Idle … that's reassuring. My PA is a great feeling bike and the medium is a perfect fit for me with a near 24" ETT. I'll leave the Ti envy for the moment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Dialled Morning Glory owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.