Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any dentists in the house, failed root canal treatment
  • falkirk-mark

About a year ago I got root canal treatment (at cost of about £250)which has never worked. Went to the dentist this morning and asked him what he was going to do about it and he pretty much said that sometimes it doesn’t work and he could pull the tooth or try it (root canal) again (at my expense).Is this normal practice (it was never explained to me this may not work) TBH I think its time for a new dentist as he seems young and inexperienced and not using my mouth as a training ground.

luket

The same thing happened to me. Twice. Although I was made aware of the chances of success before it started. I therefore don’t think it’s unusual although is bad luck. For them not to discuss the chance of success with you seems poor. I had them both pulled in the end and I think I’m better off with the gaps.

steveoath
    Free Member

Same, got it rerooted but was told that there is a reasonsble chance of it failing. Going to get it pulled on Monday. If the dentist was in any way half decent this should have been discussed. Fwiw i am with nhs dentist for my treatment not private.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

My dentist advised me there is a 25% failure rate with root canal procedures, dependent on the state of the tooth and associated nerve.

He also told me that a root canal is only a temporary measure, as the tooth will sooner rather than later, need a crown fitted.

Not very impressed with the advice you received.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any dentists in the house, failed root canal treatment’ is closed to new replies.