Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any decent riding in the East Yorkshire area?
  • everyone
    Free Member

I’ll be spending Christmas up around Bridlington with the family. Does anyone know if there’s any decent riding around there so I can make the inevitable escape? Don’t have a car unfortunately otherwise I could just head up to Dalby.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

To the best of my knowledge there is no decent riding however there is some entertainment to be had on a single speed doing duel tracks from wold gate either down toward Carnaby or down to Boyton. It depends how wet it is as most of the ground is clay so it tends to bog you down.

There are other bidleways around Grindale that are work a ride but its mostly “old skool” XC with 60% been rode 30″ duel and 5% single track

PS will also be spending Christmas around Brid. If you find any post up I might even be up for a ride if it isn’t too wet

Pieface

There’s some decent stuff on the North York Moors if you prefer riding in the countryside as opposed to trail centres. There’s a book by Vertebrae graphics.

everyone
    Free Member

Yea I’ve done some riding in the Moors before but it’s a bit too far for me to get to easily.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Another Bridlington exile here. I’ll be there 26th to 28th but planning on getting in a lap of (old, pre groomed) Dalby in on the way back to Scotchland prob 28th.

I used to go out along towards Boynton and either towards High Caythorpe or the track that goes up the hill towards Woldgate and past Carnaby Temple area from Woldgate. Most bridleways are rideable unless very wet and sticky. Danes Dyke used to be a fun destination if you didn’t have transport to Dalby.

I used to do a large loop from Dalby Crosscliffe car park, visiting Hole of Horcum and then go behind Fylingdales radar station, descend through Langdale Forest, quick loop round Broxa Forest, then across to Wykeham Forest and then back to Dalby for a lap of the old pre-groomed trails. Eeee, we did some miles!

Give us a shout if you’re taking the bike and have a spare afternoon! I have a large, cavernous vehicle so I can offer a lift.

everyone
    Free Member

Cheeky bump as I plan on going out about 10/11 tomorrow (19th). I’ll probably be out on boxing day as well to avoid excessive amounts of family.

Deveron53
    Free Member

‘everyone’, email me, address in profile. I’m in Brid from 23rd to 28th inclusive. I can give you a lift to dalby.

mekon
    Free Member
    happyrider
    Free Member

I’m in Carnaby 21st to 29th, meeting some chaps for a ride in Dalby on the 23rd if you want a lift. 28th would be good for a meetup too, I fancy a bit of a tour of the moors if anyone is able/willing?

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m free 23rd and 28th.

J-R

Hijacking the post a little bit – can anybody suggest good areas of Dalby to ride?

We’re off to my sister’s for Christmas at Thornton e Dale just south of Dalby. And Mrs R says if I am good I can bring my bike and she might let me go out to play in the forest for a few hours.

So as somebody who knows nothing about Dalby, and prefers XC to downhill, any areas or routes in Dalby you would suggest?

myheadsashed

Google EDs Bikes they’re up the road in Snainton. They’re Dalby regulars 😀

Deveron53
    Free Member

i meant to say in the area 24th to 28th. available to bike 24th AND 28th…

Deveron53
    Free Member

Well, looking at the weather, probably not taking my bike now!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any decent riding in the East Yorkshire area?’ is closed to new replies.