Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Curtis AM7 owners about?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Do tell me about your experience.

I keep drooling over the images on their website, such a pretty looking thing. Is there a better looking hard tail out there?..

Anyone set up with a 140mm fork?

russellgolding
    Free Member

Hello, that’s my am7 on the curtis website. Bike is lovely overall and I really am pleased with it. I run it at 150mm with fox 36s and it rides nice, I’d get it made slightly slacker if I were getting the frame made again and ask Gary to try for a little extra tyre clearance if possible as I run wide (29.9 mm internal) rims and larger tyres and it’s a little tight in the mud.

Russ.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Thanks for getting back. Love your bike, just looks so sorted.

Am actually considering a less gnar custom option as in reality I’m a complete mincer

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve had one of those almost pointless dilemmas in my mind for months now about whether to spend, once it’s reached a sufficient level, my bike fund on one of these or a FS bike. (it fluctuates a bit depending on whether I’m riding my HT well). I’d love one of these.

deviant
    Free Member

I’ve had one of those almost pointless dilemmas in my mind for months now about whether to spend, once it’s reached a sufficient level, my bike fund on one of these or a FS bike. (it fluctuates a bit depending on whether I’m riding my HT well). I’d love one of these.

Same dilemma I have almost daily….at work I idly put together my dream HT build totting up the price as I go along….PP Shan frame, Bos Deville forks, Renthal cockpit, stealth dropper, new XT 11-speed running gear, Saint brakes, Hope hubs, DT Swiss FR570 rims, Shorty front tyre, Minion DHR2 back, Charge saddle on Ti rails, RaceFace grips etc….it’d absolutely rip the trails….then I realise I could probably buy a new FS Stumpjumper for the same money and put the idea to bed again.

I have also perused the Curtis site and ogled those beautiful frames….worryingly I’ve also convinced myself that the £1000 price for the AM7 frame seems ‘pretty good value really’….I don’t know who I’m trying to convince, myself or the other half?!

thegreatape
    Free Member

My Home Secretary is not in favour of any more bikes just now. She did however spot the annual statement for some 10 yr savings things I have. She said when the first of those matures I can spend it on a bike. It might be enough for one of these and a FS, but I’m not sure I’d live to ride them 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

thegreatape – do you need a new patio?

slimjim78
    Free Member

deviant – thegreatape – we are kindred spirits. I’ve had the dream build/FS or HT dilemma on loop for months now.

Just when I convince myself that i’m too fat to get the most out of a FS set-up, Pauls Cycles slashes Cannondale Triggers to a 1/3 of RRP..

Then I decide that deep down I just love hardtails and they make me a better rider, plus less maintenance hassle.. then I begin to justify a custom AM7 over a Soul 275..

The reality is that the amount of mileage i’ve managed this year means I should really sell all/most of my fleet.

However, i’m moving to the South Downs within the next couple of weeks, with trails leading from my garden. So, I need a new bike. Right?

thegreatape
    Free Member

qwerty – no thanks, she’d just see that as somewhere to put another greenhouse, or more of these massive pots with ‘trees’ in them (I’m sure they’re just sticks).

thegreatape
    Free Member

You certainly do slimjim, if not two.

I’ve never had a FS, and some of my riding mates reckon I’d benefit from one on the trails we ride.

But then, just look at those frames…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Curtis AM7 owners about?’ is closed to new replies.