Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any CTC Members on here?
  • scotroutes

WTF is your “president” up to?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/jon-snow-attacks-fellow-cyclists-bad-behaviour-1-3171565

NEWSREADER Jon Snow has admitted that his fellow cyclists “behave extremely badly” on the road.

The campaigner and Channel 4 News anchor urged them to improve their own safety ahead of a major conference on the subject in Glasgow this week, which he will chair.

Deaths and serious injuries among cyclists in Scotland increased last year for the second year in a row to 176, with deaths up two to nine.

Snow, who is also president of the Cyclists’ Touring Club (CTC), described himself as a “jobbing cyclist” who travels to and from work by bicycle.

He told Scotland on Sunday: “Cyclists could behave better. At the moment we behave extremely badly, and I don’t know if there are any cyclists who haven’t gone through a red light. You do not get that on the Continent.”

GrahamS

Being realistic?

AlasdairMc

Could be down to him cycling mainly in London, where red light jumping seems almost endemic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye but then if you read the whole article instead of just your quote he actually makes some good points.

And from what i see on the road on a daily basis – hes right … And i only see a small window of it.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

He speaks the truth…..

Garry_Lager

Don’t know where he’s cycling on the continent like. Red light jumping AOTS.

GrahamS

Germany?

downgrade
    Free Member

Interesting reading a bit of the follow up on Twitter with the journalist – he said he wrote it up with a focus on congestion charging and it was edited/headlined to focus on red light jumping – they know it will get people going one way or another and get them loads of web traffic…

scotroutes

Yes, but you’d think a journalist would be more aware than most of how words are picked up and used – and hence be a bit more careful. Did he really say that every cyclist he knows jumps red lights?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I think he talks a lot of sense, its a shame that whilst its good to see more cyclists on the road some of their behaviour is just cringeworthy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any CTC Members on here?’ is closed to new replies.