Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any construction surveyors out there? – career advice needed!!!
  • geminafantasy
    Free Member

After getting absolutely sick of being stuck in an office all day longing to be outside for at least part of the day, I have decided to change careers and have chosen land surveying/geomatics as an area that would interest me…

Just need some advice really, how difficult it would be to get into the profession, best routes etc I mean, do they only accept either graduates in surveying and 16 yr old apprentices? I would be up for going back to uni to do a masters but I know they would want some experience first.

I'm 24, have a degree in chemistry and have some building experience as I used to work on a site right out of uni if that helps.

Would be awesome if I could get some real would advice from someone.

Cheers guys

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My advice would be don't go for a job in the construction industry if you don't want to be worrying about loosing your job every ten years or so.
    Its happened to me twice now!

tops5
    Free Member

I started out as a site engineer – not quite the same but similar (instruments etc.) Best way into that is start as an assistant and get them to sponsor you through uni (openings may be thin on the ground ATM…)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any construction surveyors out there? – career advice needed!!!’ is closed to new replies.