Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Any claims in the last 5 years sir ?
  • simmy
    Free Member

If so, do you know the value ? ” oh about a quarter of a million pounds……..”

Saw this whilst going my mates. Chugging along in the Van, the Motorway stopped. I noticed a Highways England 4×4 in lane 3 so pulled onto the Services for a nosey. Saw this….

Yep, that’s a Lambo. Bit more investigation revealed a squashed Armco

And the route he took after hitting the middle

Then taking out an SOS phone before coming to a stop ( SOS phone in rear of this pic )

Thankfully they all walked away form it, didn’t hit anyone else, and where last seen drinking a Starbucks in the services.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Oh bugger!

m0rk
    Free Member

Did it run down the middle of the armco?

That’s some effort (and kinetic energy!!) and one hell of a bill from the HA to fix

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wow, impressive in a disapproving way.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That lambo doesn’t even look particularly beaten up for the size of the dent in the armco. 😯

simmy
    Free Member

Did it run down the middle of the armco?

I’m not too sure as the Armco splits and goes either side of the pillar of the footbridge I was stood on so I’m was trying to work out if he had hit it were it was back to back and then split the Armco.

According to DVLA, the Lambo was registered August 2014 and I don’t think it’s an hire car as it had a private plate.

simmy
    Free Member

It was totally damaged its just with the damage being on the offside, this is the best pic I could get

Sure I saw the intercooler being swept up onto the grass verge by the Highways team.

Speshpaul

What do we think.
    1, evasive action when some changed lane in front of him.
    2, Got bitten by a freshly wetted road and the loud pedal.

I’m going for 1.

bearnecessities

3. Trying to hit 88mph.

hanchurch
    Free Member
    Speshpaul

“3. Trying to hit 88mph. ” more chance in the lambo (or pretty much anything else) than in a Delorean.

tomhoward

That’s not a convertible (or blue, but could be the light)

Foul play?

chewkw
    Free Member

I wonder how much do they pay for the insurance. 😯

Oh well if you can afford one of those super car money should not be a concern. 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

A few years ago driving up a very wet dual carriageway in Crawley in a Peugeot Amateur I aquaplaned badly over a stream coming across the road, “lucky I wasn’t going any faster” I thought, “that could’ve been nasty”, 300 yards up the road where the road curved slightly there was lots of yellow carbon fibre bits and a very tatty/shattered looking lambo sitting on the bank with a very shaken looking driver on the phone.

Big tyres, a very wet road, lots of power and no self control looked to be the cause.

I still want one.

breadcrumb

I wonder how much do they pay for the insurance.

Just got a quote for the wife, a very reasonable £707.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Making progress?

Is that Rivvi services? Looks familiar.

ninfan
    Free Member

driving up a very wet dual carriageway

I had a workmate who’s son did the same on a stretch of motorway – aquaplaned on standing water in a TVR, trapped and cut out

You’d immediately think he was at fault, but being an ambulance driver with a flawless record made such a difference that it ended up with the police report excusing him completely and blaming it on poor drain clearing/maintenance – the resultant cheque from the highways agency was rather significant…

simmy
    Free Member

Yep, it’s Rivi

Highways were replacing the barrier when I came back about 8.45 pm

spooky_b329

There has been an accident both sides, either the lambo was traveling on the other carriageway and has managed to cross beneath two sets of Armco and taken out all the legs, and then turned round on the opposite embankment, or something on the other side took out the Armco and the lambo got a glancing blow/swerved to avoid it. If the first situation thats a bit scary…

nixie

If the lamho had crossed under surely there would be more roof damage and dead occupants.

MoreCashThanDash

As a claims handler many years ago, our 2CV driving policy holder managed to crash into and write off a Lambo belonging to one of the sports car hire companies.

Their replacement hire car bill was pretty impressive!

jimplops

The crap in lane three of the other carriage way is off the lambo, that section of motorway in lane three turns into a lake if there’s a sudden downpour, see quite a few aquaplane and swap lanes, so quite easy to do.

simmy
    Free Member

Yeah, the Lambo was travelling south and crashed completely on that carraigeway as I was going North and there was nothing crashed or stopped on that side apart from the Highways vehicles.

Like Jimplops said, all the rubbish was thrown over on impact. Proves the Armco works 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I remember aquaplaning coming back from scheveningen to Hook of Holland to catch the ferry, thing was I had a double stacker with 2 dinghies on and my 5 series just lifted off the ground and wobbled from side to side like a flower in the breeze. I was doing 70kph at the time. It was torrential rain too, like it always seems to be when I’m there..

Shit scared doesn’t come into it.

I feel for anyone loosing control in those conditions.

jeffl

Driving up the M40 at night a year back and a guy a few hundred yards in front of me in a 3 series pressed the loud pedal in torrential rain. Dunno if he had traction control disabled but rear end slid out, did a 180 and he ended up pointing the wrong way down the motorway in lane 1. Glad I had nice new winter tyres on, the resulting emergency braking and steering into the hard shoulder to avoid him was fun.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I was on the M25 one very wet night in an Alfa 156, in the fast lane, and there was a lot of water on the road which the car kept hitting.

I slowed down and pulled across a lane as I thought I was going too fast, and then a BMW 3 series coupe went past at about the same speed I had been doing, then suddenly started shimmying around, went into the central barrier, bounced off and then went over to the hard shoulder.

In the 5 remaining junctions I travelled I saw a number of the same type of 3 series pulling over to change driver, or similar.

It was years ago when they 3 series shape had just changed to the wider bodied one (don’t ask me type numbers).

I reckon the traction control was the issue – the complete loss of traction on one, more, or all wheels is a heck of a scenario for the software to compensate for.

badllama
    Free Member

I span a tractor 180 degrees once I bet it all happened alot slower than that crash though 😀

Heading down hill to a very busy main road on a snowy lane realized I was not going to stop stuck the front end in the hedge in the side of the roads and ended up facing the front of the tractor back up the hill. Would have been carnage if I’d ended up on the main road.

spooky_b329

Yeah, the Lambo was travelling south and crashed completely on that carraigeway

Ah I see now, I was looking at the skid marks travelling into the barrier near the motorbike in the second picture, but there are pics from both sides of the bridge looking in opposite directions…I thought all the pics were taken looking in the same direction and the Highways vehicles had moved between pics.

Speshpaul

There is a island on a dc by here known to the local recovery drivers as BMW island.
    You exit it in to a slow left hand curve, about half way round the curve the scotch grip ends!
    So grip, more power, more grip, more power. No grip………

CountZero

Lateish one night a mate and I were heading back home from a gig in Bristol, on the A420 just outside of Wick, going up Tog Hill. A wet night, there was some water running down the inside of the nearside lane, where trucks have worn a bit of a groove. Anyway, we’re doing about 50-ish, and my mate keeps trying to accelerate but all that happens is the engine just keeps revving. Dawns on us that his front wheels are just spinning in the water coming down the hill, effectively aquaplaning going uphill…
    That was an interesting experience.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Any claims in the last 5 years sir ?’ is closed to new replies.