Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any Chromag Rootdown owners? Need 29er HT 150mm fork inspiration
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Looking for a steel frame to match my FS parts including a 150mm Pike ‘n ‘ting.

thepodge
    Free Member

Would love a Chromag but ended up with a Kona Honzo & 140 forks

honourablegeorge

In the interest of recommending your own….140 here, but takes 150 OK

[video]http://vimeo.com/141321471[/video]

pigyn
    Free Member

The new Ragley Bigwig is just out and looks ace. I had my eye on the Chromags for stocking in my shop but they were a little too steep both in HA and price, lovely though. Found out about the Ragleys and ordered those, they arrive on Monday. The Last looks ace as well but can’t take a 27.5×3.0 tyre if that’s an issue for the future, while the Bigwig can. On the other hand the Last comes in XL if you are tall. It’s a good time to be looking at fun 29 hardtails!

honourablegeorge

pigyn – Member

The Last looks ace as well but can’t take a 27.5×3.0 tyre

It can. THis is it pictured with 3.0s

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

The last looks great, how much and any details George?

honourablegeorge

I got mine on Kick starter Jim. 399 euro for the frame, they’re 549 euro now, order direct from Last. Arriving in Feb.

Loads of detail here:

deviant
    Free Member

Yep, that Last looks great, could be my first 29er….will go nicely with the 26 inch Ragley Piglet….a fine selection of HTs!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

That Last does look very nice. Wish i’d seen it at the cheap Kickstartr prices…

BillOddie

Rootdown owner here! Bloody great bike! Apparently they are making some changes for the next batch. Slightly longer, lower and slacker.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/w7nnAM]Thursday shred time? Yes, please! #chromagbikes @chromagbikes #mtb[/url] by Dan and Claire Lees, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wjZ4SN]Gate matches bike! @chromagbikes #mtb #chromagbikes[/url] by Dan and Claire Lees, on Flickr

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Nice pics. Not surprised if they tweak the Rootdown, the Last and the Ragley are both slacker. The only thing I’m not sure about with the Last is the rear axle – looks QR only and in horizontal dropouts. Seems odd for a hardcore design.

thepodge
    Free Member

Looks like qr and horizontal dropouts to me too which puts me right off

danti

Surprised nobody has mentioned a 2 Souls QH, there’ll probably be some who are running them at 150mm.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mine’s a Samurai 650b, but this one is gorgeous.

🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I think SSS runs his horse at 150mm. Mines is at 140. I thought that last is 100mm optimised for DJ raggers tastes?

A horse with 140 pikes.

honourablegeorge

Scienceofficer – Member

I thought that last is 100mm optimised for DJ raggers tastes?

Last is a 140mm 29er…. any right thinking DJer would be horrified by it

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Oh. I’m off the mark with that one then!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any Chromag Rootdown owners? Need 29er HT 150mm fork inspiration’ is closed to new replies.