Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Any Christmas Day babies here?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

My son was born on Christmas Day in 2010 at 1730hrs which I consider a blessing in some ways , but its a bit of a bummer for him in my opinion as he gets older, birthday and Christmas all in one 🙁 . I deal with it by declaring his official birthday after 1500hrs with separate presents/cakes etc.

Any others on here in similar situation, how did it affect you or did you deal with it?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Me! And I love it! It’s pretty much the only time of year my family all get together at once….seeing as we’re very close, that’s a good thing….
    We celebrate my birthday in the morning and then the family Christmas starts as soon after that as everyone wants. I’ve never once felt like I’ve missed out…..
    I hope you all have an absolutely lovely day!!!

puppypower
    Free Member

That’s nice Solar.
    my son will be 5 this Xmas day. We have kind of varied it around depending on year so far, e.g. had it on Xmas eve once as cousins and grandparents were around. He doesn’t seem to notice it’s a pain in the arse yet, we have debated doing a half birthday party in the summer, but not sure he will be happy to wait that long!

He’ll only be 3, he probably won’t care/notice that much yet as long as you make a fuss of him? (or maybe my son is particularly dozy)

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine is boxing day and folk often think iot must be a pain having it that close to xmas but you have nothing to compare it to

You are doing the right thing and just make sure they get a proper birthday. As solar notes its dead easy to make sure your family are there on your birthday [ as it is for me]

Wont make a 40 th birthday bash very easy but that a fair way off

Garry_Lager

My sister was born on Christmas day – it pretty much sucks when you’re a kid and your birthday is such a big deal. Coincident with Christmas makes it difficult to have a special day, party etc. Parents were good at thinking up things for her to feel like it was her birthday on the 25th.

As an adult though it always seems quite a nice thing to celebrate – all family together like solarpowered says. I try and add 75p to her Secret Santa allowance to get her something special.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I was born on Christmas day…now obey and worship me for evermore for I am the lord JC !

ps I wasn’t really I’m a summer baby !

jfletch
    Free Member

Our daughter is about to have her 1st birthday this boxing day. So I can’t offer any pearls of wisdom yet but I will say it made xmas day very “interesting” last year 😯

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I’mm a Christmas eve baby – so I can pretty much guarantee that I will be peeling brussel sprouts at some point on my birthday. It does tend to get forgotten about – which is ok by me if it doesn’t happen I can’t be getting any older can I?

premier
    Free Member

If its good enough for Jesus…

kcal

Christmas Eve here, was a bit odd when younger, and now it passes through in a bit of a flurry to the main event.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah but I’m on the 16th of Dec and had to endure the “heres a prezzie to cover both your Birthday and Xmas”
    Gits.

So I had a notional Birhday on the 16th of July instead.. Marvellous. 😉

karnali
    Free Member

Daughter is a christmas baby 4 this year, she gets her birthday presents and party etc on the 25th June on her half birthday, tend to have an extra cake on christmas day for her to blow out candles etc

bigbloke
    Free Member

Could I really pretend to be a Royal and declare a mid year birthday for him mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm might work. It can be a bit of a pain insisting that other family members/friends buy him a birthday pressie too as I have already had the “Oh we’ll get him something to cover it all in one” which frankly will be an anti climax for him.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well it’s worked for us, all my cousins and family members are/were born in Dec.. We had to do something.. April or rather Spring was clearly in mind/popular… 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its not fair to do that unless they are older and asking to combine them into one bigger present IMHO and IME
    Put your foot down on that by simply writing Happy birthday on the senders Xmas present as well!!

aracer
    Free Member

Not here, but next door’s 8yo (nearly 9) daughter was born on the 25th. As above I believe they do a split of the day and have her birthday starting in the afternoon.

emsz
    Free Member

Baby brov’s bday is 19th, so we generally don’t put up any decs until after that. Normally it’s the day the schools break up as well so we used to have a end of term/ party BBQ thing going on, it’s cool.

puppypower
    Free Member

I think you can get away with it if birthday is actually Xmas day/Boxing day/Xmas Eve, if it’s just sometime in December I think it would sound a bit daft.

I was put off having a 1/2 birthday for my son after reading a filler article in a newspaper about overkill parents giving half birthdays for their little darlings in the summer and how pretentious is was. Note to self: take no notice of crap articles in papers.

Friend of mine whose son born the same day does do the half birthday thing, at least for the party.

molgrips
    Free Member

My neice was born on 16th Dec or something similar. That’s not a problem, it just adds to the party season!

My wife’s family have a Christmas in July for some reason, never worked that out. As well as the December one.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I did put my foot down on the combined pressie thing, made me a bit unpopular but as a confirmed grump it was nothing unusual 😀

solarpowered
    Free Member

I think it’s very important having separate pressies so I’m glad you’ve put your foot down about that! It is definitely different for the young, they need to feel very special on their birthday. The only thing I remember ‘sharing’ was the cake…. My mum used to decorate half as a birthday cake and the other half Christmas- I quite liked the individuality of it in a way. Once again, it’s how the family portray the whole thing…

ricardo666
    Free Member

Mine is christmas eve, my parents still celebrate it seperatly from christmas, but everyone else just merges it all into one 😥

mightymule
    Free Member

Mr Mule was a Christmas Day baby. It;s a bit of a pain, but I always make sure that we have his birthday in the morning (well, OK, early afternoon), before we do any Christmas things. I also always make sure that he has Birthday presents and Christmas presents – in different paper.

Costly though!

Hareydan
    Free Member

I’m a Christmas day baby. I hated it as a kid, especially getting joint presents, but having an advent calendar to count down to it helped! Christmas day was always the morning, then I’d do birthday presents after lunch. When I got a bit older I used to get my main present from my parents in the summer, usually something like a tent or a sleeping bag that I could use straight away. When I went to uni I realised it was great as I’d have drinks with my mates at uni, then come home and see all my family and friends. Now I don’t really differentiate them, which I don’t mind so much these days, but I would like to organise a night out/meal but no-one ever has the time or money to do it leading up to the day itself.

RustySpanner

We just have a turkey like eveyone else.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’d have for the first few years you could convince him everyone is celebrating his birthday. He is that awesome.

legolam
    Free Member

My birthday is the 8th January and people still lump it in with Christmas, with the added bonus that everyone is skint and teetotal by then. So I’ve always had a half birthday in July – no presents but lots of cake!

Harry_the_Spider

Mine is a couple of days before and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

When I was a boy

1) I never went to school on my birthday
    2) Everybody was in a Christmas mood
    3) I got double presents

When I was “in my prime”

1) The party started a few days earlier
    2) I got double presents

Now that I’m an old git

1) I don’t care when my birthday is anyway
    2) I get double presents

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Nah but I’m on the 16th of Dec and had to endure the “heres a prezzie to cover both your Birthday and Xmas”

12th December for me, and it was exactly this growing up.

MartynS

So, to all the Christmas Day babies, happy birthday!!

I’ve experienced my first joint birthday/Christmas and it’s been amazing!!

Happy birthday Solarpowered!

Oh and merry Christmas!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Yeah! 41 today! Never really bothered me to be honest. Happy birthday Isaac Newton and Kenny Everett!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Any Christmas Day babies here?’ is closed to new replies.