Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any cheap mac ripping tools?
  • Needs to be able to convert to MP4v. That should mean it can be transferred to iTunes/iMac/iPhone and the rest of those thrilling apple products? Ideally I want the software stable, reasonably quick and cheap

So far I’ve looked into mac the ripper. Mac DVDripper pro & DVD ripper HD. All around £13-£40

Always suspicious of software so any experience would be apprectiated

IA

Handbrake.

Why anyone would use anything else on any platform is beyond me. It’s free, stable, fast.

We have a winner. Just ripping The Armando Iannucci Show now

Only problem is it rips each chapter individually on comedy shows. Other than that! perfect! thanks IA

IA

You can set how it handles chapters – fiddle about with the options/chapters tab.

EDIT: wait, you mean you have to do each chapter on its own? You can select one, “add to queue”, queue up the lot, then just set it going and go have your tea or whatever.

Yeah got the queue thing down, it’s when I rip something with several episodes it drops each one seperately in iTunes. I will keep playing with my new toy. It’s fine with movies. Shame really cos I’ve bought films on iTunes that I have on DVD. Only a couple mind

Other than that it’s perfect

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any cheap mac ripping tools?’ is closed to new replies.