Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any cheap kitchen deals going (not spam!)
  • spooky_b329

My new camper kitchen is still stuck at the budget stage…

Looking at normal kitchen units which although a tad heavy, will do the job.

I’m looking at a 600mm oven unit (to be hacked down to fit my fridge, and then 3x 400mm units, 1x 500mm unit, and approx 1.8 metres of the horizontal bridging units (2 or 3 depending on width)

Ideally some sort of gloss slab finish doors.

At the moment Wickes Houston take away units are looking good, but even with their end of line 10% offer its still looking at £450+…but cheaper than making my own bespoke unit out of lightweight ply. They have cheaper units but as they are end of line I can’t create a complete set 🙁

dooosuk
    Free Member

Thought of second hand units of Ebay? People tend to sell off they’re old kitchens and some of them aren’t in bad condition.

midlifecrashes

Haven’t been looking at prices lately, but just saying I’ve had Wickes Houston in for 7+ years now and still looking good in a rental house of mine. Simple enough to install, but I guess you’re going to be doing extensive jigsaw work to the carcasses.

spooky_b329

Yep they will be hacked! Also will trying to cut out parts of the carcass sides as there is no point have two layers of 18mm chipboard except where the door fittings are.

Thanks for the ebay tip, have been keeping an eye out but not much there with the carcass sizes I’m limited to…need 400mm doors otherwise they will hit stuff when open.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any cheap kitchen deals going (not spam!)’ is closed to new replies.