Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any cheap + bright + 10hr lights out there?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

I'm hovering over the buy button on an Exposure MaXx-D, mainly because it's got a long run time (10 hrs) on the apparently still-quite-good medium setting, but it is rather spendy. The dealextreme stuff appears to be just as bright, but without the long run time, from what I can tell. Anyone know of a long-burn light out there to match the MaXx-D but at a bargain Chinese price? Cheers.

clubber
    Free Member

Several DX ones and then just use one head unit with all the batteries and flog the head units to people who've trashed theirs…

woody2000

Wouldn't you be better buying a light with an external battery pack? Just buy a spare battery pack and you're away.

something like this:
    http://www.spokeshirts.co.uk/product.php?productid=16399&cat=265&page=1

£99 + £45 for extra battery = 12 hours light on low (300 lumens)

timbur
    Free Member

You can run a MaXx D with a piggy back battery to increase the run time as well :O)

I've got one and it's rather good. The middle setting is fine for open riding at a reasonable speed but you'll want the full monty for ST and when it starts going down.

Seen the new Exposure 6 Pack?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

DX light with 7 ish batteries ?

duckers
    Free Member

I've posted this link before but here it is again, UK magicshine website, now selling all spares including additional battery packs for £6!
    http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/bike-light-accessories.php?category=2

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Duckers, I think you're looking at the battery *bag* for £6 🙂 . Those batteries look a bit bulky to lug many of them around, and would work out pretty expensive. If you consider run-time, I keep coming back to the MaXx-D or the Ayups so far.

brassneck

Battery is £37 from UK supplier, around £19 from Deal Extreme .. looking to be around 14 days turnaround (it's on the way now).

The batteries are small, you could carry 3 comfortably in a jersey pocket, for around 12 hours on full '900 claimed lumen' awesomeness.

pedalhead
    Free Member

oh ok, they're fairly lightweight are they? Just that they look a bit hefty in the picture.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any cheap + bright + 10hr lights out there?’ is closed to new replies.