Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Casio Wave Ceptor Experts?
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

I have a wave ceptor watch that I’ve just had to replace the battery (jeweller did it but didn’t know how to reset it).

Now I can’t reset the time – I’ve followed the instructions for manually resetting the time in the manual, and it works, but then during the night it resets to a completely random time, ie not like the same time in a different time zone…

Any ideas?

Ta!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I think there is a setting somewhere to select which signal it uses (ie: Uk or euro..something like that), make sure it’s set to the region closest to you. The instructions should say how to do it.

Hope that helps.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve done all that, it just reverts to a strange time. At the moment it’s reading 10.05 even though it’s 1.50. I could understand if it was the exactly 1, 2, 3 etc hours forward/behind, but it’s not five past 10 anywhere in the world right now!

deadslow

Several different versions of the module are around so make sure you get the right one.
    Link here. linkkky
    need reference number on back.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve got the printed manual and I’ve tried all the tests etc – when you do the check to see if the latest signal reception was successful, the second hand is supposed to point to either Y or N (on either side of the 3 o’clock marker). However, it points to somewhere completely different, so I think it’s completely out of synch…

martymac

there is a procedure for resetting the position of the hands if they are out of position iirc.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve tried that, and it works until midnight (or whenever it updates) and then they reset! Driving me mad…

chris_db
    Free Member

I just bought a solar powered waveceptor.

Sorry igmc….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Casio Wave Ceptor Experts?’ is closed to new replies.