Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any car valeters in ?
  • TheWrongTrousers

Anybody advise on the best way of cleaning fabric car seats ?
    Ta

honeybadgerx

Bloodstains or are there bits of grey matter mushed in as well? Try getting the Wolf to give you a hand?

Otherwise car upholstery cleaner from Halfords.

TheWrongTrousers

Nah, nothing sinister. Just water stains in one car on light coloured upholstery from leaking water bottles and drips from the roof when opening the door, and general foodage-type stains in the other car on darker fabric.

IA

Ah water stains are a hassle I found when cleaning my old car. Muck and oil came out fine, but waterstains always seemed to result in a dark patch. It would shift with upholstery cleaner but only if I did the whole seat so it blended in, and only cos the whole seat changed colour a bit.

There’s probably a good way to do it, no doubt. I didn’t care that much about my old car!

batman11
    Free Member

Hi buddy here you go this is about as good as it gets.
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_222367_langId_-1_categoryId_255236
    As above clean the whole area. Spray on let soak, spray again, scrubbing brush it and wipe off repeat.
    Used to use it to finish off seats in cars after I’d valet them to remove said dirty water marks etc.
    still use it in the house and car to this day.
    Good luck.
    Bats.

mjsmke

I’ve removed water stains from mine a few times with diluted lemon washing up liquid. You have to make the entire seat panel wet to avoid further water marks.dab on and gentle circular motions with a clean white cloth.

nealglover
    Free Member

The only proper method is with an extraction machine and a good quality shampoo.

Do the whole seat as normal and the water marks will go, along with all the other muck.

It’s the proper way to do it, and takes about 5 minutes per seat.

Any other method just moves dirt around.

(I run a valeting business)

PePPeR

Hire a Rug Doctor and do the whole seats and the house carpets at the same time.

luffy105
    Free Member

@nealglover: am I right in thinking you’re based in York?

If so I might have need of your services in a couple of weeks

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m based in Leeds now, but cover York and Harrogate too.

Email is nealglover@gmail.com.

TheWrongTrousers

Thanks very much chaps, most useful
    🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

Rug Doctor

Is it just me, or does that sound quite rude somehow?

parkesie
    Free Member

Water or wee?

GolfChick
    Free Member

I have 5 litre bottle of meguiars all purpose cleaner that I dilute down in spray bottles. Brings up seat and upholstery and inf act most things brilliantly, used it recently to remove permanent marker someone had drawn down the side of my car….. takes off wallpaper quite nice too if you give it chance to soak.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

when i used to be a car valet we used to use TFR in a pressure washer – inside and out!

worked a treat mind 🙂

TheWrongTrousers

What’s TFR ??

batman11
    Free Member

TFR is traffic film remover basicly a sort of degreaser. Is great on the inside plastics etc but I wouldn’t of used it on fabrics other than door panels and roof linings to remove the old nicotine staining from smokers.

nealglover
    Free Member

when i used to be a car valet we used to use TFR in a pressure washer – inside and out!

In that case……… You weren’t “valeting” 😉

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Fair spot. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any car valeters in ?’ is closed to new replies.