Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Cannondale Flash carbon 29er owners? Thinking of changing my Anthem X 29er
  • quintet100
    Free Member

Hi

I have a giant anthem X 29er with a very good build set up. It’s a great bike but I’m bored and fancy something else.
    I fancy a Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er with lefty.
    I could use a lot of parts I think from my build apart from the obvious.
    Anyone got one with own personnel review.
    I would like to use it for everything, racing, trail centre.
    Thanks in advance.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I had an Alloy one with a Lefty and it was a brilliant bike. A very efficient mile-muncher. I only got rid because i’m no XC’er. I can’t say what its like compared to the Giant, but the lower weight of the carbon version will only improve the bike. the Lefty gives you a very stiff front end which gives you confidence on the bumpy descents, and it was just a bike that you felt you could ride all day. I don’t think you’ll be dissapointed.

S_J
    Free Member

Great bike for going everywhere fast and loose, but that’s about it. I found it far too focused and unforgiving generally. The Scalpel that I’ve replaced it with a much better all round bike IMO.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Just bought one for my XC race bike, it does that job very very well. For general riding and having fun there are probably more suitable bikes, however that’s not what I wanted it for.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive got the alloy one use it everywhere trail centres racing and just thrashing across the plain. Depending on which one you get the rear wheels and cranks are the heaviest bits and make a quick and easy weight loss. Its fast everywhere and only gets out of its comfort zone on the roughest terrain.
    Heres a nice picture of mine 🙂

Salisbury plain by Parkesiemtb, on Flickr

quintet100
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    Some mixed reviews.
    Would I notice much difference between the anthem and flash then, difficult call I know.
    My anthem is a light weight build and very good at everything but I get itchy feet wanting a hardtail again, and the flash has the 20mm or 40mm flex doesn’t it.

slowjo
    Free Member

The carbon Flash is the sort of bike that wrings all the energy out of you but leaves you with a big grin on your face. It is pretty much a race bike and not a general purpose machine.

No idea about the Anthem tho’.

parkesie
    Free Member

The carbon ones have some flex built into the frame and the carbon save seat post no idea how well it works as mines the alloy one. Never tried a anthem so no idea how it compares. If your anywhere near salisbury plain you can have ago on my alloy one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Cannondale Flash carbon 29er owners? Thinking of changing my Anthem X 29er’ is closed to new replies.