Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Campag experts out there? (Broken Ergo 9s content)
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My Veloce 9 speed ergo levers are broken (well one is – the main plastic body is smashed, but the internals seem OK otherwise). It seems the only 9s ones you can get new are Xenon, all plastic, and utter crap.

Does anyone know if I can get a new body and re-fit the internals (initial research suggests yes) and if so how much…or other options other than ebay?

It’s covered by driver’s insurance so cost is not a concern.

taxi25
    Free Member

Check with these people

http://www.campyonly.com/howto/ergo_rebuild.html

Some bits are expensive though, not sure if you can get the body. If its an insurance job maybe its time for an upgrade.

mrmo
    Free Member

you could in theory buy the 10spd Chorus/Record off Ribble and change the shift disc to 9spd from your current ergos.

As long as the levers are the same shape should be compatible.

this is theory I haven’t tried it.

jamesr
    Free Member

I’ve used Mercian in Derby for Ergo repairs in the past; they’ve always been excellent.
    Might be worth a phone call.

MrBlond
    Free Member

Mercian + 1

Blackhound

Mercian +2. The work may be done by Jeff who is not in every day, think he is semi retired.

He sorted out my older shifter when I was having problems.

gfkvelo
    Free Member

We can help. We are the main Factory-appointed UK Service Centre for Campag and have taken over from Mercian in that role (well, actually, there was another SC between) ..

Mercian are also a superb choice and we can absolutely vouch for their excellence.

There are some issues around 9s levers, it depends on version, age and is not *quite* straightforward in every case.

Veloce internals can be swapped into Record or Chorus bodies in many cases but it’s not a straight swap, there are some subtle differences that you need to be careful about that make the difference between it working – and not.

PM me or contact us via our website if you’d like?

Cheers
    Graeme
    Velotech Cycling Ltd
    Campagnolo main UK Service Centre
    http://www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all – I’ll make the calls tomorrow.

10 speed is an option but I like my 9 and it seems harsh on the insurer to pay for a new mech, chain and cassette.

clubber
    Free Member

What he said 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Now repaired and on its way back to me for £80 courtesy of Mercian.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Campag experts out there? (Broken Ergo 9s content)’ is closed to new replies.