Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any camera experts about……?
  • romster
    Free Member

Is this any good? Link

Uses:

Everyday family use, kids pets etc etc. Also hoping to use it to get some nicer shots when out on the bike/walking.

Reason for new camera, (missus drove over the other one) 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would recommend a Panasonic/Canon over a Samsung any day.

I took this the other day using the default 'sunset' setting on my Canon – no messing around, just pointed and shot out of our front door and the electronics sorted it all out.

zokes
    Free Member

no messing around, just pointed and shot out of our front door and the electronics sorted it all out.

Hmmm, not sure about that, but there you go….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Easy to find reviews of cameras online.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

no messing around, just pointed and shot out of our front door and the electronics sorted it all out

Bit of manual intervention could have improved it further, but all depends how much you want to put into your photography, same as most things really

Same goes for the Op's question too
    That would be fine for snapshots and Samsung have made some very good cameras.
    One word of caution, a friend bought from Pixmania and the manual was only in French (they are a french company)hear good and bad things about them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bit of manual intervention could have improved it further, but all depends how much you want to put into your photography, same as most things really

Of course it would, but the shot took about 30 seconds from picking the camera up to putting it away and it was shot directly into the sun. But my opinion is that it handled the shot well (very little bleaching and still retained almost all shadow detail. Had I spent 10 minutes arsing around getting levels right the sun would have gone and I would have got nothing – it was an opportunist snap, nothing more.

tomzo
    Free Member

has an almost hdr feel to it mastiles, nice.

duntstick
    Free Member

Really nice, apart from the big orange balloon! 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

has an almost hdr feel to it mastiles, nice.

The only HDR that ever deserves 'nice' is that which you can't tell is HDR. (Unless you're 12 years old and your parents just bought you photoshop)

donsimon
    Free Member

Had I spent 10 minutes arsing around getting levels right the sun would have gone and I would have got nothing – it was an opportunist snap, nothing more.

Why would it need 10 minutes of arsing around unless, of course, you don't know how to use the camera? 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

10 minutes, 5 minutes, 1 minute, whatever. Had I not taken the shot immediately I would have lost it altogether. I didn't post that image to display wonderful composition or creative excellence. It was simply to show how well a compact camera coped with a tricky image.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Had I not taken the shot immediately I would have lost it altogether

He's right. Being there is at least 90% of the skill in photography. The rest is all details 🙂

tron
    Free Member

It seems very cheap for what it is. I know first hand that the Panasonic Lumix cameras are very good (28-280mm equivalent, IS etc.), but the cheapest TZ model is £150 or so.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any camera experts about……?’ is closed to new replies.