Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Builders on here? Brick double garage with pitched roof – approx cost?
  • Olster
    Free Member

Looking at getting quotes for a new double garage – block-work which we'll render to match house – need foundations & no doubt planning will insist on slate pitched roof to match house.
    Any ideas on approx cost all in? I know it all depends but a roundabout price would be good at the moment.
    Cheers,
    Dave

crispybacon
    Free Member

mine cost 10K 10 years ago without the electric double door (2K) 🙂

Olster
    Free Member

Yikes! So, probs 15k absolute minimum then. Thanks.

mavisto
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don't get it made single brick. I did and it is always damp inside. Going to try a dehumidifier in it this year to see if it will keep my toys dry.

davidrussell
    Free Member

keep my toys dry

silicon rubber shouldn't rot though. Or did you mean a different sort of toy?

😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Last quality single garage I was involved with was £20k bout 5 years back

mavisto
    Free Member

Toys of the 2 and 4 wheel variety! V8 Autotune Gemini, Suzuki DL1000GT and a couple of bikes. My 'good' bike still lives in the house, I'm not having that corrode to bits on me.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

About half the cost of building a house, so depending on costs in your area could be anywhere between £500 and £800 per square metre footprint

lowey

Depends on the foundations required. Cost your brickwork / blockwork (get a cavity wall, well worth it in the long run) at £80 / sm, Roof at £60 / sm, floor slab at £50 / sm, Basic garage door circa £1k

That should give you the superstructure price. Foundations "shouldnt" be too bad for a garage really unless your ground conditions are terrible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Builders on here? Brick double garage with pitched roof – approx cost?’ is closed to new replies.