Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Any Bromptonites on today? (new toy content)
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I gotta new Brompton! Well refurbished, bought as scrap for £150 then £40 respray and £110 (trade) in parts and a full refurb.

What a fun bike, it’s already helped me out by letting me get a bus. Now to get a bag….C or T type?

Untitled by alan cole, on Flickr

Came in handy for getting a pint of milk this morning, looking stolen as I pedalled in the rain in my hoodie and trackies. Tasteful bar tape is temporary until new brake levers arrive. That was in the spares box for 11 years…I knew it would come in handy 😀

wwaswas

Needs a longer seatpost.

and some cutlery.

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

This one is staying mod-free in case I don’t use it and want to sell.

I am thinking of lowering the bb on my fat bike though, and also making some CF tri bars 😎

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IA

making some CF tri bars

To clip on the brompton? 😉 😯

andrewy

I’ve got a T bag. It’s not as nice looking as the c bag but it’ll hold loads of shopping. About 13kg is my current record 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah I think the T bags wins on versatility, shame the shoulder strap isn’t as good and it doesn’t look as good.

shermer75
    Free Member

Bromptons are amazing. I reckon mine repays for itself at least once every year.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I wish I’d gone for a ballsier respray but was thinking of re-sale – it’s a keeper though.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve a C bag (probably an older version) and it’s a bit crap. Too small to be useful.

Carradice bag is great looking (if expensive) option.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

like the colour, very industrial. 🙂

tobin
    Free Member

I have a Carradice bag on mine. Its great quality, looks good, and holds all I need. SJS Cycles seems to be a really good source of all things Brompton BTW.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That is truly awful Al, in every way.

london_lady
    Free Member

Bought as scrap for £150 – bugger! That means someone got a very good deal when I sold my S6L for £100…..

TiRed

I’m surprised they didn’t think you were fencing it at that price. See ebay for more realistic prices. Any rideable Brompton is worth £250-300.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks guys, even you bigDave!

I work for Scotland’s premier Brompton dealer, Biketrax, so I know my (/I’m) shit.

We have a few Carradice dealer-banner bags which are cool and cheap but I think the T-bag is best.

I reckon mine’s worth £500.

bencooper
    Free Member

Needs a Rohloff. And disc brakes. 😉

(I’m building a twin disc one at the moment. That’s two disc brakes on the front wheel)

TiRed

You work for the largest Brompton dealer and didn’t know that it’s Bromptonaut not -ite 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

He’s in Eburg – it is Bromptonites:

http://www.meetup.com/Bromptonites/

london_lady
    Free Member

I’m surprised they didn’t think you were fencing it at that price

A Landrover had driven over it whilst my partner was riding it…..there were a few dents and it was baby pink.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Love ya Al.. 8)

allthegear
    Free Member

Get some Schwalbe Kojak tyres – really improve the speed!!

Rachel

cynic-al
    Free Member

it’s getting used in town Rachel, they’re too fragile!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Jesus man look at that wall and door frame. Have some self respect and give them a lick of paint. I cant understand how some people can live in such places let alone post pictures of them on the internets. 😉

poolman
    Free Member

I just put schwalbe marathon pluses on mine. The original tyres are useless, it’s not easy fixing a puncture in the cold – the tyres are a pain to get off.

Also, I got one of those leather brompton saddle bags – 60 quid new but keep an eye on the ads, I got one, matches the brooks saddle.

Lovely bikes though, I go offroad on mine.

1981miked
    Free Member

Can I call dibs if u ever sell it? That is a great looking bike and just what I’m after.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It needs drops ( or flatties ) and clips.

I like the colour, bit Bauhaus, Brompton badge in black will finish it off.

Flat cap ( in black ) on backwards, racing mits ( white or black ) black tweed jacket, your daughters jeans right leg rolled up to reveal orange socks, a pair of Sidi’s in racing gold, a pair of wayfarers ( sliver rimmed ) a grin.
    Then beat em at the lights.

Don’t thank me.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Any Bromptonites on today? (new toy content)’ is closed to new replies.