Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Any Brighton/Hove riders out there?
  • muddy@rseguy

Well, we’ve been out in blizards or gale force winds with horizontal rain before (though we all secretly prefer it to be warm and dry and sunny… 😉 )

Oh there is also cake, we take the whole cake thing very seriously 😀

bigben69
    Free Member

I drove past quest on sat and saw about 15-20ish peeps…. well gutted i had to work!! looking forward to meeting you all on sunday…. 😀

newgal
    Free Member

Has anyone got any time off during the day next week? Wondered if someone could show me some Stanmer Park singletrack…I tried to find it earlier this week but not much luck. Any takers??

chiefgrooveguru

If I can shake off the evil manflu it might be nice to have an excuse to work off some of the excess festive consumption. Also, I have a female friend who’s looking for more (any!) girls to ride with round here.

leystan
    Free Member

I’m hoping to get up there on Mon but my sense of direction is close to non-existent and am therefore rubbish at navigating and linking up the numerous trails. Might be worth keeping an eye on brightonmtb.org. Happy to help out if you don’t mind lots of ums, ahs, doubling back, and potentially getting lost!

mike61
    Free Member

Folks

I’ll be in Stanmer for two rides next week and I’m happy to show anyone around. I’m open to offers on the days, contact me at info@brightonmtb.org.

If no-one turns up then I’ll be trail making – scoped a new one yesterday that will be long and flowtastic rather than my usual technical and obstacly stuff.

Cheers

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh look, its the star of MBR!
    Email me if you get a day Mike and I’ll try to get over one day 🙂

newgal
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – are you free Monday? Would be good to meet other girls to ride with…if so leystan, might save us getting lost!

Could be a plan…

Karinofnine

Hi Mike! I’m thinking of joining you. I’m around Sat, Sun, Monday & Tuesday.

chiefgrooveguru

Monday is good for me, happy to lead or follow!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’m up for this one – I know a few of the Stanmer trails – always keen to find new ones! Can do monday.

newgal
    Free Member

Is 10.30am okay with y’all? Where is good to meet?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Sports Hall carpark is good place. 10.30 sounds good.

chiefgrooveguru

10.30 is good for me. I’ll be coming from the Upper Lodge car park end of the estate, so will be passing through there at 10.15 if anyone wants to start there and do a fast run down through the Great Wood to the Sports Centre.

Napalm
    Free Member

Sounds good to me – might ride over and meet up with you too.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I might be there for this too

Tim

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’ll be at the Sports Hall carpark (carpark no 5) at 10.30 – see you there.

leystan
    Free Member

Count me in too. I’ll be coming over the top as well so (with a bit if luck) should be able to meet in the top car park, assuming “upper lodges” is the one next to Ditchling Rd…?

Looks like we might get out just before the rain comes, and Met Office says 4 degrees on Monday – warming up!

mike61
    Free Member

Everyone

I’ll be at the Sports Centre carpark next to the A27 directly opposite Falmer station to roll at 10-30.

Ride for 2-3 hours followed by coffee and cake then a bit more ST.

Suffering badly from asthma in the cold so climbs will be slow.

Cheers

chiefgrooveguru

See you there Mike, will be good to see you! I too shall be slow uphill due to the latter stages of manflu… Leystan, will see you at 1015 – actually, make it 1010 so we have time to get back on if we crash – up the top for a fast charge to the bottom – will be on a white Boardman HT.

chiefgrooveguru

Hopefully if this ride has gone ahead, you’ll all fare better than me! Was just crossing the nature reserve, along a footpath (actually technically it’s a bridleway) that was somewhat covered with sheet ice, and suddenly the bike went over. Now in A&E with a broken ankle… Thanks to the two dog walkers that helped me back to the car and to Brian for rescuing my bike and reassuring my waiting worrying wife!

leystan
    Free Member

Oh no! I never made it either. Did the same thing on the Patcham footbridge that crosses the a27. Thankfully i’m only nursing a very sore coccyx. First attempt to get out this morning involved a tyre popping off the rim. Think i’m gunna stay here where it’s safe and warm!

CGG – So sorry to hear you been so unlucky. Hope all get’s fixed proper.

newgal
    Free Member

CGG and leystan – ouch! Sorry about respective injuries…

Mike et al, thanks for a good morning, was much appreciated and apologies if I held you up too long. I’ll get practising once that front brake is fixed… 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Chiefgroover – ouch ouch ouch!!! Sorry that happened 🙁

Great ride and nice to meet everyone, also nice to find some new trails at Stanmer – tea and cake too 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I have a very nicely done plaster cast and will be back in on Thursday to have a chat about an operation. Will have a look at the GPS file to see if I was moving at a leisurely 8mph or as fast as 12mph. Rad to the max, no less. Glad to hear that no-one else has been taking advantage of the thousands of pounds of tax they’ve paid indirectly to the NHS. First impressions suggest it was money well spent!

TimP
    Free Member

Nice to meet you all too. Sorry to hear about the injuries. Hope to get out again a bit more regularly than last year and will definitely head up to Stanmer again now I have some idea what is up there

DaRC_L

Oooh if you’re doing another ride I’d be interested – I’ve not been to Stanmer for a while and could do with some new routes.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Any Brighton/Hove riders out there?’ is closed to new replies.