Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any brickies in? how much to brick up kitchen door?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Does anyone have recent experience of costs with regards to removing a standard sized back door and bricking it up?

We want to remove the current ‘back door’ which is on the side of the house as we are fitting a bi-fold door in place of a bedroom window on the back of the house (bungalow).

This will free up more kitchen space, eventually a full height built-in fridge freezer will be sat where back door once was.

Its a standard 60’s build, nothing unusual about the exterior brickwork, so I imagine would just need inner and outer walls filled in, maybe some cavity insulation, and a quick slap of plaster on inner wall?

I’m guessing 2 days solid work plus materials? So perhaps somewhere around £1000-£1300?

Stoner
    Free Member

removing a standard sized back door

Id sub contract the removal of the back door to hora personally.

wwaswas

I’d get any brickwork in the doorway removed so you have a proper cavity all the way across, not the original brickwork providing a thermal bridge between the inner and outer brick courses.

Could be messy if they have to cut any brickwork away with a grinder.

I’d give myself two days and expect a professional to do it in a bout 1/2 to 2/3rds of that.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d estimate 2-3 days to remove, put in internal wall + insulation, plaster over, add skirting, make good.

Depending on local rates, £600 – £1,000 + materials.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any brickies in? how much to brick up kitchen door?’ is closed to new replies.