Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any bolt manufacturers/suppliers on here?
  • matt_outandabout

I am looking at buying a bunch of M6, stainless, countersunk head 180mm bolts with washers (one countersunk, one plain) and nut.

Any ideas?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Last time I needed a small quantity of bolts like this, ebay was my friend. Maybe for the countersunk ones, use hex key socket topped ones (EDIT: I think they’re more commonly available in longer lengths) and open out the first 10mm-ish of the hole to accept the socket? (assuming it’s wood…if metal, then not much help I suppose.)

bigblackshed

Countersunk washers? Not the most common thing in the world.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kahurangi

Your combination of M6x180 countersunk is very, very unusual IME.

I’ve used http://www.titanbolts.co.uk/ in the past for personal stuff, have a looksie.

Curiosity got the better of me, won’t fill your brief there. not that they don’t exist but I’ve never seen a countersink shaped washer before.
    Would you be better off using some threaded rod, nuts, plain washers and a special machined cone to fill the countersink?

porter_jamie

in case of “I do not think it means what you think it means” you got a picture?

outofsight
    Free Member

You could try Margnor, based in Guildford but will post. Very helpful when I had to get some 1.5 pitch nuts.

RobHilton
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

I am feed up of the price of bolts for canoe seats… I may be wrong, but 50p per countersunk washer and a couple of quid a bolt – wondering if I can buy a couple of thousand cheap and sell on eBay or direct…

http://www.endlessriver.co.uk/large-gunwale-washers-p-569.html

brant
    Free Member

The washer is called a repair washer.

lerk
    Free Member

or mudguard washer…
    or penny washer…

I can’t see where your second washer is though?

alaric

Cup washers?

matt_outandabout

Second washer is in the link below the picture. Like a cup washer, but smoother and wider plate.

It’s an odd system, as most canoe gunwales would allow the use of a simple insert and a hex headed bolt – that are cheaper and easy to find in long sizes, plus would be completely flush.

To allow for sloppy hole drilling when manufacturing, we have an insert and these unusual washers and hard to find and easy to round stainless cross head bolts…

chiefgrooveguru

Try namrick.co.uk

mickmcd
    Free Member

Berger or WDs keep csk washers they are thicker though because of this, Williams fasteners make or can get pretty much anything you can imagine they are not too expensive,

porter_jamie

Don’t think the cost is excessive. Certainly much cheaper than making some. Try alibaba?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any bolt manufacturers/suppliers on here?’ is closed to new replies.