Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any body got this light?
  • dan77
    Free Member

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/ If you’ve got one what do you think seems like good value?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Pretty much all positive reviews on here (and elsewhere). Lots of high power lights out there ranging from sweet and sour mass produced cheapies to made in uk custom specials. I assume you are asking about the luminator…..I ordered mine today and mtb batteries have sent to me for delivery tomorrow. I based my choice on the reviews read on here, the beams shots which look ace, the video on YouTube, value for money….and most importantly….the owner is an active member of the forum and from what I have read, seems to offer great warranty and backup support (hoping I never have to find out though!).

Will be taking light out on maiden voyage tomorrow which I am very much looking forward to.

Do a search on here for reviews etc

jam-bo

Lumenator is the shizzle. Get one.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I have the V1 and it has been superb, on a par with an Exposure Diablo but much better battery life.

I bought the V2 for my brother and its a bit better.

If I was looking to buy now, I’d get the Lumenator. Cos its the Shizzle apparently.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Lumenator is great. So far I have been using the lowest of settings for all road and offroad climbs in the complete dark. It seems to be more than enough at a slow pace. 2nd lowest setting-not often using it. The 3rd highest setting seems to get used for most flattish on road and offroad riding. Full power for road/offroad descending.

The rubber switch is a pain in the dark (just too bright!) so it’s good to cover it up.

The strobe on the v2 is brighter than the lumenator. Not that I’ll ever be using that setting.

JAG

I’ve got a MTB Batteries V2 light.

It works and lights up the trail really well. I’ve used it for a few night rides and it’s plenty bright enough.

I was riding at Cannock Chase after dark today and the light meant I didn’t have to slow down at all. Mind you I’m not the fastest 😀

enfht
    Free Member

I have just bought a luminator and its the bollox.

Still use my hope vision 4 on the handlebars (very wide flood) and helmet mount the luminator (more focused spot). They compliment each other really well, although the luminator is much brighter, and more compact, and has longer runtimes.

Luminator is well contructed and has a good quality waterproof battery and doesn’t feel cheap like some Chinese alternatives. The light quality/spectrum seems slightly better than the hope but in its defence the hope is almost 4 years old and technology has moved on I guess.

The luminators helmet mount was a bit big, but I’ve used the helmet mount off my hope (possibly from an old vision 1) and it fits perfectly. 😀

I can’t say enough good things about the luminator, its such a bargain for the price. Oh and it glows in the dark.

downshep

Lumenator here too.

Used for commuting this week. Best light I’ve ever had.

hartcliffeburner

I ordered mine late Thursday night and it arrived this morning. Cracking service and the light looks fantastic.

martymac

i cant speak for the lights, but i can vouch for the bloke behind them, he helped me out when a charger (from a different company!) melted.
    i mentioned it on here, and he posted me a charger.
    top bloke imo.

yunki
    Free Member

I have a Lumenator, and not only is it the best light that I have ever bought, but it is the best thing that I have ever seen..

It’s ability for illuminating things is well documented, but since owning one I have also become powerfully attractive to the opposite sex, and very successful in my career..
    I have always been quite self conscious about my diminutive stature, but directly after Smudge at MTB batteries contacted me by email I realised that I had grown eight inches taller.. Now you might think that would be inconvenient, as my clothes would no longer fit me, but that very same day I bought a winning lottery ticket (I used the mtb batteries phone number to choose my winning numbers) so I have purchased a whole new wardrobe..

Interestingly I am also no longer intimidated by spiders and this has all been as a direct result of purchasing one of Smudges excellent bicycle lights..

top notch

Bazz

In response to the OP, yes i have one of those, the quality is great and it is very bright, i use mine for commuting on many miles of unlit country lanes and only use the low setting, this is neccesary to stop motorists coming towards me having their retina’s melted. And on low power i can do a whole week of commuting with out re-charging the battery.

dan77
    Free Member

Thanks for all fe replies. I think I might get myself a luminator as an early Xmas present to err ….. Myself!

the_lecht_rocks

Yunki. You are stw poster of the year,…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any body got this light?’ is closed to new replies.