Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Boardman Hybrid Owners ? What's the max' tyre width ??
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Considering the above on the C2W scheme, can I put a 35mm CX tyre in one as they look pretty tight ??

Adam_85
    Free Member

Have you seen the actual cx bike they do now?
    Just had a quick look and theres prob 4-5mm clearance on the chainstays with a 28c!?

Ifrider
    Free Member

Yeah, the CX looks a cracker. Got a Kona JTS at the mo' but TBH I just don't get the whole drop bar bit… Always on the hoods only so I may as well get something with flat bars and use bar-ends… Seems a shame to convert the Kona so thought those hybrids look tidy …

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if i had a cross bike and put road tyres on – what would the difference be between that and a road bike? geo?

Adam_85
    Free Member

I've got the hybrid pro and it rides really nice. Its handles great and is pretty quick. It feels nice to have good brakes on a road bike though especially in town.
    Thinking about selling it though as it doesn't really get any use at the moment.

Houns

IFRider – Where abouts are you based? Plenty of room on the Hybrids – Designed to take full guards, I've used one with cross tyres before

Ifrider
    Free Member

Houns – In Staffs' mate
    Adam 85 – If you're thinking of selling and it's a M/L then send me an email…

Houns

Just dropping you a mail

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking to get a Pro Ltd if my work ever get their arse in gear and start BTW again (must resist temptation to just go and buy it!!).

I did pop in to local Halfords and got the staff to stick a wheel with a 32mm cross tyre in the back and there was plenty of room.

Regards

Adam_85
    Free Member

Ifrider-ygm!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Boardman Hybrid Owners ? What's the max' tyre width ??’ is closed to new replies.