Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any Blu Ray / DVD player experts in?
  • real_ben10
    Free Member

My Toshiba Blu Ray player can play back most video formats from an SD card but only in black and white. The files play in colour just fine on other devices. Why would this be?

Ta 🙂

real_ben10
    Free Member

Anyone, no? Come on please don’t let me have to go on the AV websites, they’re scary!

Drac

Make sure it’s set to play on a PAL system.

real_ben10
    Free Member

The player or the file Drac? Sorry I know nothing about these things!

Drac

It’ll be player could be a setting for play back on the SD side I don’t have a one, this is a memory using other devices and having similar problems.

Cougar

How is it connected to the TV? Are you using a SCART lead perchance?

real_ben10
    Free Member

Cheers Drac, I’ll have a shufty through the menus and see if anything jumps out 🙂

real_ben10
    Free Member

Yes Cougar, scart lead indeed

Cougar

Is it an option to use HDMI instead? That’ll fix it (and look a ton better too).

Failing that, get a decent fully-wired SCART.

Basically what’s happening (I think) is that the player is outputting S-video and the TV is expecting composite, so you lose the … chrominance? signal. So you’ll need to put the player in RGB mode and / or upgrade the cable. It might even be that simply telling the TV it’s S-video will fix it.

But really, HDMI. It’s the future.

real_ben10
    Free Member

Sadly our telly is an old skool deep as it is wide type! We only got a blu-ray player because it was cheaper than all the DVD players when we were looking for an new one!

Cougar

Buggery.

Look for RGB / S-video settings on the player and on the TV, then. Have a play about, just try and remember what you started with (-:

Also, try the other SCART socket on your TV. I remember my old Sony had two inputs, but only the first one allowed RGB (the logo is slightly different next to the socket, has three dots on it).

Cougar

Just realised I wasn’t clear on something here. I’m offering a suggestion in addition to Drac, not saying he’s wrong.

Drac

Now Cougar has asked rather than assumed you’re using HDMI then I’d say that your problem could be the SCART.

Cougar

This is the weirdest way of agreeing with each other I’ve seen since TJ left. (-:

Drac

Steady on we haven’t had a 12 page argument first.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any Blu Ray / DVD player experts in?’ is closed to new replies.