Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any blades fans in Sheffield ….
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have a spare ticket for the match against swindon this afternoon

Weirdly the ticket is near ours but not right next to us – so you dont even have to put up with me amd my niys you just get to watch the match!

RustySpanner

Bugger.
    In Burnley but working today.

Not been this season, I’m slacking.

benson75
    Free Member

As a Bournemouth fan I would just like to wish Swindon good luck today!

jekkyl

I once went on a stag do with a load of Wednesday fans, spent all night singing ‘oh I’d rather be a p**i than a blade’ to the tune of she’ll be coming round the mountain. Racist football morons, my sister married well!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – feel the need to point out I’m not a fan of football but my 8&9 year old boys are. They have been given 4 free tickets and that is the only reason we are going

I will be spending most of my time trying to lalala over the rude bits of the songs

Slightly torn in who to support – sheffield has been my home for 16 years but I am originally from Wiltshire, but when I said to the boys id be cheering on Swindon they weren’t impressed.

I am trying to keep them focused on the game rather than the gang mentality that goes with fanatically supporting one team.

jekkyl

You’re taking an 8 & 9yr old!?
    I’d probably recommend some discussion beforehand about the colourful language you’ll encounter especially about female genitalia. BUT as a woman if you ask any offenders around you to cease & point out you have kids they’ll probably comply.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

They have been before, luckily my 9 year old will get tunnel vision and sit mesmerised for the whole game the 8 year old will either do that or talk incessantly. So that and my lalala-ing cover most of it

Plus they know the rules – you’re not allowed to swear until you’ve been to university or worked for 5 years 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I was 5 when my dad took me to my first Rotherham game! Did me no harm!

As mentioned I’m from Rotherham so already damaged goods lol.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any blades fans in Sheffield ….’ is closed to new replies.