Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any Bird Aeris owners near Bristol?
  • andyl
    Free Member

Anyone Bristol/Mendips way got a medium Aeris I could possibly swing a leg over and check the sizing before I head over to see them?

General comments on the bike also welcome, in particular regarding shock options but not the CC as I don’t need that level.

jruk
    Free Member

Bit further than Bristol but if you can make it to Exeter you can try my XL. Should arrive tmw 🙂

coomber
    Free Member

What spec have you gone for jruk. I’m taking a test at Bird hq in May in a large and an xl and as I’m near Exeter keen to know about yours!

jruk
    Free Member

@coomber – XT11, 160 pikes, monarch plus, ex1501 wheels, 35mm atlas stem, next carbon bars. Looking like my first ride will be Wednesday night at Haldon. New bike, in the dark and rain, on the unmarked stuff. Lovely 🙂

Email in profile if you have any Qs.

andyl
    Free Member

I think I’d have to sit on the top tube to reach the bars on an XL!

ThePilot
    Free Member

I’m in love with my bird. And, for once, my bird seems to be in love with me.
    Seriously, go to see the bird guys. Takes a while to get used to the geometry and you’ll always have doubts if you don’t go and give the two sizes a good try.
    Fantastic bike, I’m sure you’ll fall in love with yours too 🙂

benpinnick

FOD Have just received their new fleet of Mk 2016 Aeris bikes. It will cost you to test, but you get your rental back if you buy… MIght be an easier option.

benpinnick

Double post.

andyl
    Free Member

yeah I did think that, may as well just go over and see them direct though.

AlexSimon

andyl – benpinnick is one of the Bird founders 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

ahh I thought it was him 😳 I was chatting to one of them (might be Dan) on FB and definitely Dan just now on the phone.

dvowles82
    Free Member

I’m in Bristol with a medium Aeris. You’re welcome to have a spin. But as others have said, definitely worth a trip to Bird to try both sizes. I’m glad I did. Spent ages agonising between medium and large (I’m 5’10”), but so glad I went Medium in the end.

andyl
    Free Member

That would be great, email is in profile.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any Bird Aeris owners near Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.