• This topic has 20 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • any 'BI" riders out there – roadies and MTB ers
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Am I in the minority? I am a roadie and a mountain biker. I love riding 60 to 100 miles on the road and the next day spending 2 to 3 hours getting "durty" (sic)
    I regularly ride in sportives and can also be found traveling several hours to a trail centre
    I can't honestly say which I prefer. I like them the same. They compliment each other, the road riding gives me stamina and endurance and the MTB works on my skills and core strength

Its seems most folk are one or the other.

simondbarnes

You seem normal to me. It's all bikes and bikes are ace.

nonk
    Free Member

i must be bi then.
    champion i could do with a bit of cosmo in me life.

grumm
    Free Member

I quite enjoy riding my road bike but only when I can't be arsed to drive somewhere and go mountain biking. I don't think I would ever drive somewhere then go for a ride on my road bike.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've just got my road bike.

Ride mountain bikes most of the time and commute ot work every day on a Boardman Hybrid.

I must be Tri 😛

oldgit
    Free Member

I think that's pretty normal now, I'm riding my crosser and MTB and when the road season starts I'll be riding my road bike and MTB.

teagirl
    Free Member

I do both for the same reasons but do more road riding in the winter as slithering around in mud just doesn't do it for me. Dry, cold days in winter are great but there don't seem to be many of them these days. Enjoyed The Roses Round in June and Bronte Big K in Sept this year. I do find the core riders in each group at opposite ends of the spectrum, and I have to say MTBer's more fun, roadie hard core just too aloof.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I regularly ride in sportives and can also be found traveling several hours to a trail centre

Wrong and Wronger 😉

rolfharris
    Free Member

I do *some* road riding on Rosa every now and then- maybe 2-3 times a month, but mostly it's the MTB, even for training. In January though i won't even touch the MTB, it's time to get fit.

kcr
    Free Member

There seem to be a few people with very narrow views of cycling on this forum, but I don't think that's very representative. Most of the cyclists I know are multi-disciplinary, and it wouldn't even occur to them to worry about whether they are "roadies" or "MTBers" – they just enjoy messing about on bikes.
    Anyway, why restrict yourself to only two categories when there so much to do? Cross, track, long distance cycle camping tours, triathlon, commuting, duathlon, time trials, XC, pootling along cycle paths with the kids, road racing, MTB marathons, Audax, sportives, big days in the mountains, Sunday social cafe rides with the bunch, youth hostelling, speedway, BMX, etc, etc…
    All good fun, and I still haven't got round to trying the last two in that list.

clubber
    Free Member

I really can't imagine being so narrowminded as to do only mtbing or road riding and not both 😉

jedi

i am a bicyclist.
    road/bmx/mtb/pub/shops whatever… love it

project
    Free Member

Yeti Guy, but do you shave and how far up.

yetiguy
    Free Member

@ project – I am a trithlete and afraid that I do. Although won't do

Do it again until again till next TRI season.

(Sorry for the wierd spacing typing on a blackberry)

MikeWW
    Free Member

Ride off road -single speed/hardtail and full suss
    Race mountain bikes when I can
    Race cyclocross
    Ride a road bike and plan to do some races and time trials next year
    All good
    Yet to have a crack at track cycling but hope to do it next year

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I'm Bi and so is my wife

vdubber67
    Free Member

I appear to be a shaven bi… 😉

Bikes are bikes aren't they – all fun. hmmmm not sure about those hybrids mentioned above actually 😀

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i do both, and love them both

i find a change does me good and keeps me even more interested

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Both for me as well.

Since I stopped racing and had a few years off, I've now got myself back into off-road, bumming about on the road with my local CTC and with GO50, a geriatric off-road group. 😀

Sold my stupidly fast toy car to pay for this rewly-revised hobby ….. well, driving isn't the fun it used to be. 🙁

Brother_Will
    Free Member

ive been bi-curious a few times but didnt really like the road bikes. Much happier just being straight.

nuke

Pure mtber here…well, maybe any category as long as it's offroad whether that be pootling with kids, all day epics etc. I just don't get any enjoyment cycling on road, as strange as that may seem

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘any 'BI" riders out there – roadies and MTB ers’ is closed to new replies.