Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • any better pads for slx brakes?
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

I need to buy some new pads for my slx brakes the sintered ones i have in are great at stopping but they are so noisy in the wet!

Im going to buy organic pads, can anyone recommend a better brand than shimano or should i buy the original slx pads for them

ta

kayak23

Superstar are spot on for me.
    There may be other issues causing the squeal.

doubledunter
    Free Member

I find the shimano are better value for money.

You would be better off using the free haribos as pads than the pads themselves tbh 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Used Superstar Kevlars for a few years now in all weathers. They seem like a good all-rounder and pretty cheap.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

CHEERS ALL

martinhutch

Try the Shimano resin ones. Last much longer than Superstars IME and shouldn’t be anything like as noisy.

andy4d

I have always used discobrakes brakes kevlar with no issues.

kayak23

You would be better off using the free haribos as pads than the pads themselves tbh

Balderdash!
    Used them since they first started selling them all over the UK and abroad racing DH and everything. Zero issues. Like any manufactured item, you sometimes may get an example from a ‘bad batch’.
    I never have.

craig24
    Free Member

Been running Shimano resin and they have been spot on but people rave about the Uberbike ones.

Tracey

Have been using the Uberbike Race Matrix in all our bikes for a few years with no problems. Abigale did five weeks in the Alps two years ago, put her new ones in before she left and didn’t need to replace for the full duration and then a wet Autumn in the Peak.

MartynS

I’m a big fan of uberbike pads but…. The good lady seems to go through them quite quickly, we’ve tried most of the compounds. The race matrix didn’t last long at all. She’s got Kevlar pads at the mo, but isn’t keen on the feel. The sintered are the best compromise but my god we’ve got a batch that squeal.
    I’ve done everything I know but we can’t get rid of the howl! My last ditch attempt is to get the finned pads and see if that helps!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ah, the great pad debate.

A mix of opinion, incorrect or unrelated perceived correlations, misunderstood materials properties/behaviours, different braking systems in differing states of maintenance and setup and what somebody’s mate said down the pub.

Coupled with poor understanding of our own actual braking behaviours on a comparative basis and individual riding conditions, we may as well just buy the ones that have the prettiest colour backing plate and go from there!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

ive tried Disco, Uber and superstar. all ok… i’ll be trying Rahox next.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘any better pads for slx brakes?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts