Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • any Batley residents or regulars in these ‘ere parts – assistance please
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

If so, hope this makes sense and you can assist, only worth continuing reading if you know the Redbrick Mill and Frontier club vicinity……

10 days or so ago I was driving away from the Redbrick, generally heading towards the A62. Not long after the Frontier there’s a big set of lights with a turn to the right towards the M62 / Leeds – if you know the set of lights I mean do you know / can you check for me if they have CCTV please???
    Ta Muchly
    Chris

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

don’t know for sure but given the amount of scraping that goes on on a weekend I’d be very suprised if the whole area was not covered with CCTV

do I dare ask why

johnhoo
    Free Member

I think I know the set you mean – by Mike’s Carpets & just before you can turn left into ye olde towne centre. Never noticed if there are CCTV cameras there or not – but I’d imagine there probably are, they’re on most major junctions

I come through that junction at least once a week & there’s always some twits jumping the lights. That right turn leads up to the A653 Leeds-Dewsbury road, and eventually to the M1 at J40

djglover
    Free Member

Are you a South Leeds TWOC’er

tails
    Free Member

hit and run 8)

marsdenman
    Free Member

Ok dokey – looking at multimap (my brain kicked into gear at last…) its the turn off the off the A652 onto, I believe Grange Road. All I recall is car showrooms on my left, next set of lights is left to the town centre os straight o’ish out to the A62……

WHY? sat in the traffic queue, bloke in front decides to reverse to let a car coming the opposite way turn right, in front of him.
    He reverses into me at 0.01 miles an hour….. no damage whatsoever to my vehicle, minor blemish to his bumper… details exchanged etc but i get that odd feeling…. 😕
    7 days later I get a letter from a ‘no-claim no-fee’ oik, he’s claiming I ran into him…… talk about effing livid, 👿
    For my side I have to chase up wether there are cameras, then pursue the potential for access to footage…… and i thought thats why i paid insurance

This’ll make you laugh – cant rive over to suss this for meself as our car went in for repair on monday as the wife parked it against our driveway wall a few weeks ago…… 🙄

marsdenman
    Free Member

sorted (‘ish) local plod have advised there a cameras there, though this does not mean they were turned on or pointing in a relevant direction……. 🙄
    insurers now have to write to highways to get the footage, if available, oh, how I hope it is……. 😀
    oh, how I know it won’t be and this will just descend into a farce that costs me money……. 😕

woody2000

Surely the burden of proof is on them? There’s got to be evidence to back up said claim, ask them to provide it, simple as.

F*ckers 😈

johnhoo
    Free Member

witnesses?

surfer
    Free Member

I’d pay him a visit the cheecky FU***R

marsdenman
    Free Member

Woody2000 – could not agree more. sadly it seems that, as he has made a claim against me, I have to prove the case against the claim…..

Johnhoo – too amazed that he had not seen me filling his mirror and to busy getting clear of a busy junction to try and suggest anyone stop… 🙄
    then too busy (read stoopid) to think to take pictures of the damage…..

Surfer – we did swap addresses etc, imagine my surprise when the one he supplied matched the one given on the letter from his sols…..
    I can but hope there is footage, t’would be a pleaseure to report an attempted fraud……

johnhoo
    Free Member

you could always put in a counter-claim for whiplash 😉 seeing as how he hit you

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘any Batley residents or regulars in these ‘ere parts – assistance please’ is closed to new replies.