Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any Bargains About on 29er Forks?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Contemplating getting a 29er, Stanton Sherpa to be exact…been nosing around the internet to find a bargain on 100mm fork, two best things I can find are Reba’s at 80mm and Rev’s at 140mm both are circa £230!

I was keen to know if the travel can be adjusted on the forks (I know it will be internal) an how much that might cost?

Alternatively if anyone has seen any bargains post away!

Cheers

bikeneil
    Free Member

Google is your friend.

happybiker
    Free Member

If you’re after a 100mm fork, I have a brand new Fox ctd fork in the garage going for less than that.

Email in profile if you’re interested.

rickon
    Free Member

You need more Google-Fu.

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-reba-rlt-29er-forks-59416.html
    http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-reba-rl-solo-air-29-maxlelite-15-fork-73018.html

£300 *is* cheap for a fork these days. £500 is standard for a good OEM fork, and you can pay up to £1k depending on how much of a moron you want to be.

jimplops

Crc have x-fusion on offer on last year’s forks, just picked up a pair of trace and impressed so far with build quality.

nickdavies

What’s your ideal travel & budget? Merlin have solo air sektors for £180 in 100mm.

The new forks will all be ££ to change travel, solo air is a new air shaft which I think is about £40 plus service to change it or do it yourself. If you can find new old stock dual air, it’s likely just a spacer internally which costs nothing if you can do it yourself.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have a 100mm Manitou Marvel, removed straight away from a Cube Reaction GTC pro son completely mint, like this one

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube-reaction-gtc-pro-29-hardtail-bike-2014/rp-prod114148

Green though…. if interested then email me, see profile. If you are then I’ll have a think on price (but they’d be a good deal).

fudge9202
    Free Member

I have a Sherpa and run new 2015 Rockshox Reba rl forks.
    Alltricks for £240.00 delivered.

nwill1
    Free Member

Hi all thanks for the replays…sorry for the delay.

Considering a few options at the moment including a few on here in the classified although I would prefer new.

Happybiker I will drop you an email.

Jimplops I’ve seen the Trace on CRC and would seriously consider a pair if this was not a case of n+1 as I’m build a fun XC toy to compliment my Five.

Nick thanks for the heads up I was really keen on the 140 Revs but sounds like it’ll be uneconomical to adjust them.

Reggie thanks but I think the green of the forks might clash with the frame!

Fudge good call…I really fancy the Revs on there dropped but if Nick is correct it’s to much £££! Those Reba’s are 100mm to, show I got 100 or 120??

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’m running 120 Rebas, spoke to Dan at Stanton and the frame is ok to take 120mm fork, I prefer my bike slacker, the fork is great and the handling of the Sherpa with it is great, despite the slacker head angle the bike climbs fantastically well.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers…good to know it climbs well with 120mm, the whole point of me getting a Sherpa over Slack line (which would be far cheaper and easier for me!) is to get a bike that climbs really well and can get the miles in easier than the Five which is great for Trail Centres etc but not so much for local ridding.

Just hope I like the whole 29 thing…I like a bike to be playful and the Sherpa is the only 29 that’s ever appealed to me!

There is a lovely set of Reba’s on Probikeshop for under £200 but only 80mm…if it was possible/cheap/easy to extend them to 100/120 I’d be all over them!

fudge9202
    Free Member

I came from a Transition Bandit which was a 26″ and a great bike and jumping on the Sherpa is not a big shock as it is playful and a hoot to ride, I go faster on it than the Bandit.

nwill1
    Free Member

The dealer suggested that I may not go back to my 26 FS after riding the Sherpa! I do love my FS despite thinking I’d never ride or enjoy a FS.

Who knows if I sold my FS I could really pimp the Sherpa but not gonna gamble just in case!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any Bargains About on 29er Forks?’ is closed to new replies.