Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any bargain holidays outthere?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Having nearly finished my PGCe me and the mrs want to treat ourselves to a break.

We are looking at Greece, Kos but can’t seem to get a week for less than £1000.

Anyone have any holiday company recommendations or places that are nice for a quiet couple holiday.

The only thing we really want is a close beach and a few tavernas.

Thanks

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Have you looked on Ice Lolly?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah that site is useless. Every time we find one that seems good we ring up and it is at least £100 more.

Thank you though

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Pop down to your local travel agents. They’ll do all the hardwork for you, and tell you whether what you want is possible.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I think we will do that. We usually book online but this year it seems way more expensive.

grum
    Free Member

Travelzoo?

wheelie

We went last year…… spot on, some basic hartails too!

http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/beach-holidays/resort/vassiliki.html

wheelie

Oops! Hardtails

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Brilliant great ill take a look thanks.

godzilla
    Free Member

Off to Kefalonia on Tues, booked a few weeks ago via Teletext, i paid £740 for a week inc transfers.

DFaffMaster

Keep an eye last minute holidays with Neilson. You’ll get the beach and taverna as well as whole load of water sports and even mountain biking that you can dip into whenever you want.

http://www.neilson.co.uk/beach/search-results

grahamg
    Free Member

Take two weeks, you deserve it, and it’ll not cost much more.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

We can’t fit two weeks in due to new jobs and a house move to a different city. I’m knackered after this year 🙂

Hopefully I can sneak in a fair few big rides.

Thanks for the help everyone. Some interesting things for me to check out.

hammerite
    Free Member

Try….

Lowcostholidays
    Easyjet holidays
    Onthebeach
    Monarch Holidays

We’ve managed to find reasonably priced holidays in Summer holidays using these. Helps to be flexible with flight times and airports to keep the costs down as flights take up a fair chunk of the cost.

hammerite
    Free Member

Oh and well done on completing the PGCE. I’m hoping to be on a PGCE course myself next year.

Trekster

Kitz_Chris – Member
    Pop down to your local travel agents. They’ll do all the hardwork for you, and tell you whether what you want is possible.

This = 4* full board in Tunisia in a weeks time 😆

Overnight at hotel + parking for your budget.

DFaffMaster

Just realised that Wheelie recommended a similar style holiday to the one I suggested. I did a season mountain bike guiding in Vass (whilst getting in as much windsurfing as I could).

It’s a great place to go on holiday. Most of the mountain biking is rocky double track rather than singletrack. But when that wind kicks in the afternoon it’s all about the white horses!

Also spent far too many nights in the Zeus bar it’s much more than just your normal Greek Taverna.

Wheelies suggestion is a bargain if that includes everything

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Thanks everyone and thanks hammerite 🙂 tough year but very enjoyable.

Think we’ve found a week in Greece for an ok price 🙂

sadexpunk

s’wat we did too 🙂

local travel agents, week S/C on zante for family apartment for £800.

unfortunately boy 1’s thrown a spanner in the works as hes prone to do and its just the 3 of us going now tho, so wasted a bit of money there, but its cheap enough even for the 3 of us.

grahamg
    Free Member

We can’t fit two weeks in due to new jobs and a house move to a different city. I’m knackered after this year

Shame, my wife qualified last year and got her first job which also involved a move. Fortunately we moved at end of July so she had the whole of August to chill out… after a three week bike tour also in July. The gods were smiling on us when it came to the logistics all falling together OK for that lot!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any bargain holidays outthere?’ is closed to new replies.