Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Bafang/8Fun users near Edinburgh?
  • thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

The short: Big cycling enthusiast/racer/ soon to be bike shop owner (living the dream!) however, recently succumbed to some nasty chronic fatigue – gone from all sorts of wicked adventures to barely being able to get out of bed – boohoo.

As such… let the adventure into electric assist bicycles begin!

Anyone in the Scottish Borders, or Edinburgh willing to let me have a pootle on their bike?

I dont yet know if I’ll like ride an e-assist bike, or if it will really help me ride more, but by jove I’m willing to try!

Due to costs I’m likely to build up a bafang home build, but would really like to try one first, and just generally have a go on a few bikes to see how they feel/different systems work etc. I’m clued up on all the theory and models of pedelec, but no real feeling for them yet. If you can help that’d be grand. Happy to offer tea/coffee and cake for your troubles!

tjagain

HI

I have sunstar kitted bike you can have a go on. Edinburgh based

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Hi Tj,

That’d be great! When are you available? Cant see an email in your profile, so drop me a line on mine – cheers!

scotroutes

You don’t need an email address. The forum has a Private Message function

Retrodirect
    Free Member

The manager at the bikestation has a bafang equipped kona commuter bike. He might be there for a chat.

tjagain

thegnarlycenturion

sent you an email

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Thanks TJ and retrodirect! Email replied to, and bike shop trip booked!

tjagain

nowt received here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Bafang/8Fun users near Edinburgh?’ is closed to new replies.