Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Ayrshire locals on here?
  • The-Duke

I’m going to be working near Girvan from tomorrow for 8 days and will be bringing the bike. Does anyone know of any good trails nearby or any clubs I could tag along with.
    Thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m about 40 minutes up the road in prestwick, but working late shift this week, so won’t be about in the evenings. Tbh, you’re nearer kirro than here, best go there, have a google for Galloway hillbillies, you could tag along with them on nightrides.

Working at one of the wind farms?.

The-Duke

Cheers nobeer, I was planning on heading to kirroughtree anyway, just wondering if there was any good riding closer by. Working at hadyard hill wind farm for the week.

will
    Free Member

Do you have a road bike? Well worth doing these rides: http://www.ayrshirealps.org/

Hadyard Hill is a great climb!

Beautiful part of the world, enjoy 🙂

The-Duke

Will be taking the mountain bike, it’s always fun exploring new areas

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not a bad loop nearby, park at stinchar bridge, then up and loop past Cornish loch, and head down the forest drive to loch doon. At loch finlas, ever up the hill, and up and over the rough, rocky path to loch bradan. Then head back along the forest drive to start point. A good 20 miles, stunning views and pretty decent biking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Ayrshire locals on here?’ is closed to new replies.