• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • any auto electricians about? (camper lighting content)
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

previously had some ikea dioder lights fitted by a friend 3 years ago in my camper. I had a this fitted yesterday

and the guy pulled all the wiring out and lights (8 ikea 12v dioder)

Now i haven’t a clue how to wire them all back in. 🙁

i’ve got a switch in the dash with has 3 settings – off, on and switched (for when the doors open)

I’ve then got the original van wires which has a plastic fitting for the original lights and 3 crimped connectors. i’ve plugged this into the old style lights and it’s got a live

Then i have the 12v ikea lights

(pretty sure brown is positive, blue is negative)

So.. i need to connect switch, live feed and lights together. Any ideas?

Should i go buy a multimeter?

I’m guessing there’s a permanent live feed to the lights an the switch controls the negative bit?

trickydisco
    Free Member

anyone?

cloudnine
    Free Member

When diffusing a bomb its usually the red wire.. it may help with your wiring if you have a countdown timer

slackalice
    Free Member

You could always ask the guy who ripped them out and then didn’t feel it was his task to refit them, even if it meant a phone call to you to ask for the presumably new locations and if you would be prepared to pay the additional charge for doing so.

It seems a bit off to me that the roof fitter hasn’t made good.

IHN

Should really be permanent negative to the lights and the switch controls the positive.

Should be fairly easily work out-able with a multimeter, and they’re only about a tenner from Maplins.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘any auto electricians about? (camper lighting content)’ is closed to new replies.