• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cp.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Android geeks in here?
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I’ve been trying all bloody day to get ADB/fastboot connection between my Windows 10 PC and my Sony Xperia M4 Aqua (E2303)

I have Android SDK and have updated Google USB driver pack to latest version.

Flashtool says I need to install drivers and points me to its driver packs. Then when I try to install the required drivers the install fails every time.

When I use the required method to put my phone into fastboot mode, I run the “fastboot devices” and “adb devices” commands but Windows doesn’t see my phone.

Sony’s site tells me to replace file android_winusb with an updated version (which I’ve downloaded) but when I try to delete the old file I get the message that I require “permission from SYSTEM” to delete it (yes I’m logged in as admin)

I’ve downloaded the driver pack for my phone from Sony’s site but there’s no installation script and I’ve no idea where to put the drivers.

I do have a working run-of-the-mill data connection and Sony’s Companion software can “see” my phone and its files & folders.

Anyone?

Cougar

Shot in the dark, but is the file locked by a service? Check to see if there’s an ADB bridge service or similar running in services.msc and stop it if it is.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ve just looked at services and nothing like that is running.

Flaperon

You can only install the Flashboot drivers on Windows 10 by disabling driver signature verification.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

oldnpastit

Have you enabled developer mode on your phone?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Dev mode and USB debugging on (thanks though)

I will look at that signed drivers link now.

scaredypants

I don’t own one but just in case there’s something odd you have to do, use a simple set of instructions from the web – hopefully the writers have actually got them to work

cp

I had to go back to windows xp to get adb and fastboot working.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

You can only install the Flashboot drivers on Windows 10 by disabling driver signature verification.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

You, my friend, have cracked it.

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot devices
    YT9114PMHQ fastboot

Thanks!!

cp

way hey!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Android geeks in here?’ is closed to new replies.