• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by WTF.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any alternative to Haynes books?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Hello,

I’ve got a new (to me) and slightly obscure car, 2003 Hyundai Trajet, and it appears Haynes don’t do a book for it. Any suggestions for the best alternatives? I hate taking cars to garages for little things I could do myself, but I do need some guidence!

Chers,
    Andy

cranberry
    Free Member

If there isn’t something from Haynes the best thing to do would be to get hold of a workshop manual from the manufacturer if possible.

A simple Google would give you this.

andrewh
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Are they any good, anyone tried one? I like the step-by-step simplicity and the photos in the Haynes books and am looking for something similar.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You won’t be able to get anything as simple as Haynes. Those workshop manuals are generally ok (I’ve used Peugeot & Ford ones), but you still need some common sense.
    Halfords do/did sell a competitor’s product, I bought a Peugeot one and it was rubbish – used once & binned.

JonM
    Free Member

Try Bentley. They publish factory repair manuals for a range of cars. Don’t know if they do one for yours but they are very comprehensive, much more detailed than Haynes and usually cost £70-80.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bentley? As in the car makers?

JonM
    Free Member

Er….no. As in the publishers of factory workshop manuals.

WTF
    Free Member

Bentley don`t do one for the Hyundai of any variety. AFAIK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any alternative to Haynes books?’ is closed to new replies.