Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any alps travel gurus out there? (Sion to morzine easiest way?)
  • flowerman
    Free Member

Hi

During the summer I plan to ride for 1 week in Switzerland with one set of mates then over in morzine for another week. I will not have a car, I will be driven out there and driven back. However I will need to get myself (and bike etc) from sion (large bottom town to anzere, crans montana to morzine for the next week. I understand it could be easier to get to chatel and then get a bus over to morzine? I am considering a taxi (quite £££) does anyone know of a cheaper or easier route I could take?

Cheers

AlasdairMc

Train from Sion, bus from Thonon-les-bains?

The trains from Sion are regular enough – I went between there and Geneva a couple of years back.

flowerman
    Free Member

Its still a 5 hour train journey 😮 . I suppose this really isn’t easy 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

5 hours?!? Are you really sure, as it took me a hell of a lot less going from Geneva to Sion?

AlasdairMc

Wow, I guess so. I was sure I met someone on the train who was going to Morzine and she didn’t have any kind of journey length like that.

EDIT: What about Cluses instead – cuts an hour or so off?

flowerman
    Free Member

Hmm well its virtually 4:30 hours exactly to cluses and 5 to thonon 🙁 both with 2 changes and s taxi ride at the end. Think I may have to bite the bullet and consider a taxi from sion to morzine

AlasdairMc

Could cut some time (and probably money) if you went Sion to Geneva on the train, then bus from Geneva?

http://www.altibus.com/documents/aeroports/2/navettes.pdf

jambalaya
    Free Member

Taxi from Sion to Morzine is going to be a fortune !

Get a train to Geneva Airport – quick and direct. Then arrange a trip to Morzine with a bike transfer company like “Ski Transfers” (cost me euro 30 last time) or any of the others. That should be about 3-4 hours total and I think will be much the cheapest.

The Evian/Thonon idea is a decent one too if connections work. It’s about an hour to Morzine from there by car and I imagine there may be a bus.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

How much stuff are you carrying? You could get the train to Champery and use a combination of 3 ski lifts and a bit of riding to get back over to Morzine…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any alps travel gurus out there? (Sion to morzine easiest way?)’ is closed to new replies.