Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Alpine 6 riders?
  • astura
    Free Member

Im trying to gauge what size bike to get, im just a little over 6ft 1 which would put me in the Extra Large category but im wondering if anyone is of similar size or maybe bigger ride the Large version?

rickon
    Free Member

Go XL. Id be a large at 5’11. Mate who is a tiny bit taller is on an XL. I’d probably love an XL to be honest.

The tubes are pretty low, so it’s easy to size up with orange.

astura
    Free Member

Great thanks 🙂

gelert
    Free Member

Depends… if your arms are proportionally shorter than your legs then you might find it harder to turn in if you size up.

The way to really know is to go along to a demo if you can.

I’m 5.11 should be Large (on the chart) but find them really difficult to turn in because my arms feel too stretched out. When I go down to Medium I can corner just fine again.

chestrockwell

Agree you could do with a demo to know for sure. I’m 6′ 2″ and went from a L 2014 5 29 that always felt a touch small to a XL 2017 Segment that feels spot on.

Theeeen…. I got a L P7 which also feels great so I think it depends what you want it for. The Segment is perfect for longer rides and wide open spaces where as the P7 is just the job for shorter blasts on more technical terrain. Horses for courses and all that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Alpine 6 riders?’ is closed to new replies.