Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any AFL/Aussie Rules fans on STW (expat Aussies perhaps)? Carn the Saints!!! :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Anyone else excited by the AFL Grand Final this weekend? And are there any London based STW’ers going to a Walkabout to join in the fun at 6am!? 8)

jacko54321
    Free Member

never really understood it tbh, would be interested to have a go at it some time, get to see some big hits as well!

psychle
    Free Member

it’s one of those games you kind of have to grow up watching in order to really understand it, though it’s not that complicated really 😉 They’re supreme athletes AFL players, often covering 20km running in a game!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

used to love watching it on the box in the 80;s since the satelite era (which i don’t have) i’ve lost touch, great game though

langy
    Free Member

I just hope Colingwood don’t win – I couldn’t bear listening to Eddie F&%*ing Maguire for the next year if they are premiers…

bigrich

I’m having a grand final barbie. lashings of steak and VB.

psychle
    Free Member

I just hope Colingwood don’t win – I couldn’t bear listening to Eddie F&%*ing Maguire for the next year if they are premiers…

Amen!

I’m having a grand final barbie. lashings of steak and VB.

Lucky you! Guessing you’re in Oz then? I’m in London, seriously thought about flying back to Melbourne tomorrow to be there for the game, been a Saints supporter all my life, will be a shame to not be in Melbourne if we win it! 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

VB is the reason all Aussie leave and go travelling isn’t it? i can’t blame them it’s awful

Coyote
    Free Member

Yup, used to love it when it was on terrestrial TV. Kinda lost touch since. Great game though and the players have got to be some of the hardest, fittest sportsmen going.

kiwijohn

As much as I hate the colliewobbles, I think they’ll walk it in.

psychle
    Free Member

As much as I hate the colliewobbles, I think they’ll walk it in.

Nah, it’s going to be a tough and close one I reckon, both teams are ferocious around the ball, the opening quarter is going to be brutal!

VB is the reason all Aussie leave and go travelling isn’t it?

Yep, it’s pretty nasty stuff, as is XXXX and Fosters for that matter… though, an ice cold VB/XXXX after a hard days work on a really hot day, mmmm, heaven! Not so much for the taste as for the satisfaction 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

If any London based STW AFL fans are up for it, I’ll be at The Junction at 5:30am tomorrow (yes, 5:30 A-bloody-M 😯 ) for the big game… £15 a head, includes a drink and breakfast, plus should be a good AFL crowd as it’s the home of the London Swans… CARN THE SAINTS!! a 1 point win after the siren will suit me just fine! 8)

psychle
    Free Member

A DRAW!?? So now we come back next week and do it all again… don’t know if I can handle the stress of those last few minutes again! 😯 😆

psychle
    Free Member

Replay tomorrow, don’t forget now AFL fans, set your alarms for 5am… and…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUPY5EZwMU[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any AFL/Aussie Rules fans on STW (expat Aussies perhaps)? Carn the Saints!!! :-)’ is closed to new replies.