Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any advice on where to ride in Germany?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Uplift stuff at ski resorts.

Downhill centres etc.

Looking at camping and visiting a few, if that’s possible.

cmrt00
    Free Member

Hi,

If you are looking for a well sorted valley with more than one uplift possibility, then my suggestion is to travel a bit further into Austria and go to Saalbach/Hinterglemm, they have 4 different gondolas and several trails from beginner (Milka Line) to a 6km Freeride trail(X-Line).

In case you prefer DH WC-Cup style of trails, Leogang is just around the corner as well.

I do not know any camping place around Saalbach, next one I am aware is in Zell am See.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@coolhand – there is only one ski resort in Germany of any note and that’s Garmish Partenkirchen. If you want lift assisted go to Austria or better still the Germany speaking part of Switzerland, eg Lenzerheide.

andytherocketeer

well there are more, but brits won’t have heard of them. even the other big one on the 4 hills ski jumping circuit.

don’t know which ski resorts operate in that fashion. Winterberg maybe? Feldberg/Todtnau probably?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@andy – the four hills event is held at 4 different hills 😀 , 2 in Austria and 2 in Germany one of them being Garmish

I’ve skied at Garmish and another small resort about 30 mins from Chiemsee whose name escapes me.

irelanst
    Free Member

Winterberg definately has uplifts but the tracks will only keep you amused for a weekend at the most, the Dutch like it though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any advice on where to ride in Germany?’ is closed to new replies.