Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Any advice on starting a trailbuilding/mtb club in Edinburgh.
  • bigthunder
    Free Member

Yeah coastkid thats the type of trails I mean. Use natural features where they are and a wee bit of trail tailoring here and there. Yeah that bunkers well dodgy…. Have a look at bangour village hospital as welll if that sort of thing interests ya.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

You should all be more worried about all that asbestos under ground inside the Cold War Rotor Bunker up on top of the hill

Dangerous as hell, but…A good explore

It was until some thugs reversed a van full of tyres down to the lower levels and torched the place. Now it’s just wet, cancerous-particle ridden hell hole. Which is a shame.

Worth visiting if you’re into that sort of thing but be careful of the wrecked floors and definitely wear a suitable mask.

bigjim

Ha I forgot about the bunker! I’ve been around the overground bits but not the underground bit, that would be cool. There are bits of it in poking out everywhere, when I worked for the council there were strange bits of it poking out in the back of the council depot on the hill too, I guess air vents and entrances.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fair enough Northwind

Bigthunder have a genuine apology as I obviously came across far more antagonistically than intended. 😳 Its just a subject I feel very strongly about as unsanctioned trail building makes us public enemy number one in the eyes of the other users.

coastkid
    Free Member

Im happy with a photo set i got from someone and keep my lungs healthy for cycling DM 🙂
    BT, i have a derelict Hospital right on my doorstep here in EL 😉

bigthunder
    Free Member

Tj – nae bother. I feel strongly about CH as well and I want it nice for all. Its full of interesting features like the bunker the tower and the walled garden. Some of the best views of Edinburgh are to be had from there as well. Believe me I dont want the whole place full of mad laddie type builds(Im 40) but I would like to know I can walk up a path with the dog and not be hit by someone on a bike. The only solution I see to this is responsible trail builds with clear signage and good cooperation between all the parties involved. I can be of use to you with the pentlands as well – I dont know how to pm on this site but I can help ya with pathing materials for free/stupid cheap.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Now cmon fellas wasnt that nice….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No PM function on here. My email is in my profile. Cheap pathing materials would be good of course. Watch out for posts about trail repair in the pentlands towards the spring.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Have you ever been out to Bangour Drookit?

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Hallejulah.

druidh
    Free Member

I had a wee spin up the hill this afternoon. Despite me being an Edinburgh local, it’s the first time I’ve ever taken a bike up there. Some nice tracks and I can see where there are some natural features for bikes. There was no obvious damage or purpose-built stuff visible from the route I took.

Reet bonny though, what with the leaves turning and that.

PS- I also got midged. In bluddy October!!!!

bigthunder
    Free Member

Druidh – its stunning up there – reallly nice. Anytime ya want to head up there noise me up and I will show ya some nice spots . Glad you enjoyed it.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Any advice on starting a trailbuilding/mtb club in Edinburgh.’ is closed to new replies.