• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by csb.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any advice on F1 packages for the Monaco GP?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

A mate has asked me for advice on a reasonable company for a trip to next year’s Monaco GP. I know nothing about this but said I’d ask on here as you lot seem to know everything.
    Anyone been out with a company?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Spa for the win.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sadly it has to be Monaco. His wife is paying…

Pook

well tell her spa will be cheaper and that she can spend the difference on herself.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

OK. I give up.

Pook

Monaca

Spa

hth

🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

For the price of that Monaco trip I could buy a drive for the race in a Manor!! 😯

chomp
    Free Member

we did monaco on the cheap a few years ago

Flew ryan air (or similar) to Turin and then hired a car and drove to Monaco along the coast and camped about 20 mins outside of Monaco.

Watched the practice/qualifying/race from up on the hill (very iffy if you wanted to climb high enough to get a proper good view) but there was lots of likeminded people not paying the extortionate prices for grandstand seating.

Still got the atmosphere (some were saying it was better as the stands were full of rich people who were just there to be seen, and not to enjoy the racing).

It was very do-able providing you dont spend much money in the town itself

thepurist

If you want a tour then I can recommend Gullivers Travels, did Monza with them last year and the organisation was seamless and apparently effortless, with knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff happy to chat and happy to leave you alone. Considered using them again but am sorting out my own trip to Abu Dhabi this year.

In fact I’d suggest monza over Monaco, spend a day in Milan gawping at the price tags in the high end stores. Did Monaco a few times because I knew someone with an office overlooking the pits, no tickets required. But it’s pretty doable on your own as long as you can stay within walking distance of the town.

windyg
    Free Member

eddiebaby do you know what kind of budget your mate has in mind I do know somebody who offers very good packages for Monaco weekend.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Based on his preferred option of 20 minutes in the back of a Spitfire I reckon about 3.5k.

cbike
    Free Member

Can he not ask his butler or get a man in?

stu170
    Free Member

Page and moy, used to be the go to chaps

windyg
    Free Member

I’ll let him know and see what offers he had, I know sometimes they are the 3k deals with good discounts or upgrades.

slowoldman

It used to be possible to charter the gorgeous SS Delphine for a mere £1M a week. She’s for sale now at around €20M. A bargain.

csb

We did it a few years back, hired a balcony over the hairpin on the Friday for practices and a few Porsche/Clio races, then on the rocky hill for qualifying on the sat. Was still quite pricey but stayed in Nice and got the train in. For the main race, drove up into the hills to Vence to watch in a bar.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any advice on F1 packages for the Monaco GP?’ is closed to new replies.